Weird A/C Problem!

sam2

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

When I have the A/C on, and I'm accelerating, the blower motor/fan basically seems to turn off or slow right down. As soon as I ease up on the accelerator or take my foot off the gas, it blows fine. Anyone experienced this before? Or know what the problem is?

thanks!!!

ac problem

Hi,
That is not a problem. When you accelerate the clutch on the compressor
disengages so all the power goes to the transmission. :L

year and model? I don't have that problem on my 2000 tc. That does not sound like a compressor problem, and the blower motor doesent have a clutch.

thanks guys. keep in mind that I didn't have that problem before. It's not a normal thing for the car to do. Mine is a 1999 Town Car. So basically, I only feel the airconditioning when I'm cruising, coasting, idling, or braking. I think there's something wrong with the blower. I'm pretty sure, in general, that the blower should be stronger even in fan mode.

any ideas?

Sounds like you could have low Freon. Does the temperature also get a little bit warmer when you accelerate. On a lot of cars the when the Freon is low it will slow the blower motor down during acceleration. Just another suggestion to check. Good luck hope you can fix it. It is finally starting to feel like summer here in MA so I know I would wont my AC working correctly.

re: 19E624

Hi,
Sorry about the first post. Forgot there is no clutch. I looked up the
the Blower Motor Speed Controller in the Ford wiring diagrams book and on page
152-1 is the location index w/ the BMSC base part number #19E624. The instructions for removal in Vol. 2 is as follows:
1. Disconnect the wire harness conn.
2. Drain cooling sys below the heater hose
3. disconnect the heater hose
4. Remove screws (2) & remove BMSC

Installation
1. To install Reverse removal procedure

page 55-7 Wire/Dig

C169 BMSC has 5 pins
looking at the base w. the clip on top

1 2 3
4 5

pin ckt ckt function