Fellow STSer's Looking 4...

Roy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
STS Owners

If any body has removed and would like to sell there front plate cover from the 1999-2004 STS or SLS Please let me know, Un painted from the dealer they want $50+, somebody must have one from all the states the requier front plates.

If Crimson Red even better, I will pay shipping and send cash upfront 10-20 30 ?
Better in your pocket than GM !

Also Looking for Original Manual from 2002 STS

Thanks
Roy

Last edited:
Cadillac Leather Owners Manual's found cheap on ebay

Roy said:
STS Owners
Roy said:

If any body has removed and would like to sell there front plate cover from the 1999-2004 STS or SLS Please let me know, Un painted from the dealer they want $50+, somebody must have one from all the states the requier front plates.

If Crimson Red even better, I will pay shipping and send cash upfront 10-20 30 ?
Better in your pocket than GM !

Also Looking for Original Manual from 2002 STS

Still looking for Red Front Plate cover....

Found OwnerManual ($12.00 Sealed New), Cargo net(7.00), Spare Center caps for 17 wheels ($12.50),complete part list (3.00), on ebay.

If you still need one, I might have one--at least I did have one. If I do, it's polo green. My 01 is crimson pearl, and I had to have it delivered from Arlington VA, but the bastards didn't include the cover. ANyway, if I still have it, it's major burried, and I'll have to dig in the way-back crap. Let me see if I can get motivated and dig around.

I know the feeling...

I,m in no rush, I am planing to repaint the front bumper in the spring, in Montreal they use stone in with the salt, and in the spring I repaint the Tri-coat (front bumper only), the red is like the pearl only red.

How do you like your 01, any major problems?
I have about 55K on mine now and so far so good, just the regulat sh#t.

If you find it I would be interested in buying it off you, I can take care of the shipping stuff from here too.

Thanks again.

Roy

an01sts said:
If you still need one, I might have one--at least I did have one. If I do, it's polo green. My 01 is crimson pearl, and I had to have it delivered from Arlington VA, but the bastards didn't include the cover. ANyway, if I still have it, it's major burried, and I'll have to dig in the way-back crap. Let me see if I can get motivated and dig around.

I had a couple of issues, but overall, I love the car. It has 65k on it. Because you have the crimson pearl too, you know how it goes. The thing that I find most amazing is the attraction it gets from the 16 to 25 year old males. Hell, it gets more attention from that group of the population than the ol geezer polulation.

Often, the young men come over to the car, or roll down their windows, and complement it. Sometimes, they don't know what type of car it is, and they are surprized that it's a Cadillac, saying that it's the baddest @$$ Cadillac they have ever seen.

In addition to some not knowing what type of car it is, lots of people severly underestimate its performance. It can take most V8 cars on the street and it can take more V8 Mustangs and Camaros than one would expect, something that causes jaws to drop when they read take their choice reading either Northstar 32 Valve V8, or STS (Steal The Show).

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

In addition to challenged by spelling, computers also do a good number on me. This should be a link to some 0 to 60 and quarter mile times. I know the 01 STS isn't the fastest thing on the street, but it's enough so that the unwary should be on their toes. (I don't know where the information comes from--so it may be merely a tall tale--but I heard that the 01 STS is somethig like the 4th or 5th fastest fwd production car ever built.)

I find it the perfect marriage between performance and luxury. Drag racing power notwithstanding, the car outperforms me. It has more braking power than I would ever need, and the cornering ability exceeds my ability.

(There is about a 345/350' 25 mph ramp that I drive a lot. I don't do it a lot, because it eats tires quickly, and I'm not looking at the speedo when I'm doing it, but my guestimate is that I have driven the car about 70 + - mph through the ramp. The car takes the ramp, without protest from the tires and the car almost begs for more speed. In addition to the fact that such driving style far exceeds the definition of prudent driving, the other reason I have not exceeded that speed is that I go into slight vertigo about 310 to 330' in the turn. If I go into vertigo before the car says enough, the car's suspension configuration exceeds my ability. So what the hell is there to upgrade on the suspension if the car is more than I can physically handle?)

I'll dig around and see if I still have it. I hope, I hope, I hope I didn't throw it away. Honestly, I cannot remember. When you have all this $h!+ lying around and cannnot find room for anything, something has to go, and I hope that wasn't one of those things.

How come No Pics posted yet,

Hope your still have fun with your STS, blew by a rice burner that was tailgating me for about 8 miles, then he pased and gave me a look because I was only going about 70 mph, he finnally past me so I ... you know the rest.
He tried to keep up for about 20 Minites but he pulled over to the side for some reason...I hate tailgaters...
an01sts said:
I had a couple of issues, but overall, I love the car. It has 65k on it. Because you have the crimson pearl too, you know how it goes. The thing that I find most amazing is the attraction it gets from the 16 to 25 year old males. Hell, it gets more attention from that group of the population than the ol geezer polulation.

Often, the young men come over to the car, or roll down their windows, and complement it. Sometimes, they don't know what type of car it is, and they are surprized that it's a Cadillac, saying that it's the baddest @$$ Cadillac they have ever seen.

In addition to some not knowing what type of car it is, lots of people severly underestimate its performance. It can take most V8 cars on the street and it can take more V8 Mustangs and Camaros than one would expect, something that causes jaws to drop when they read take their choice reading either Northstar 32 Valve V8, or STS (Steal The Show).

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

In addition to challenged by spelling, computers also do a good number on me. This should be a link to some 0 to 60 and quarter mile times. I know the 01 STS isn't the fastest thing on the street, but it's enough so that the unwary should be on their toes. (I don't know where the information comes from--so it may be merely a tall tale--but I heard that the 01 STS is somethig like the 4th or 5th fastest fwd production car ever built.)

I find it the perfect marriage between performance and luxury. Drag racing power notwithstanding, the car outperforms me. It has more braking power than I would ever need, and the cornering ability exceeds my ability.

(There is about a 345/350' 25 mph ramp that I drive a lot. I don't do it a lot, because it eats tires quickly, and I'm not looking at the speedo when I'm doing it, but my guestimate is that I have driven the car about 70 + - mph through the ramp. The car takes the ramp, without protest from the tires and the car almost begs for more speed. In addition to the fact that such driving style far exceeds the definition of prudent driving, the other reason I have not exceeded that speed is that I go into slight vertigo about 310 to 330' in the turn. If I go into vertigo before the car says enough, the car's suspension configuration exceeds my ability. So what the hell is there to upgrade on the suspension if the car is more than I can physically handle?)

I'll dig around and see if I still have it. I hope, I hope, I hope I didn't throw it away. Honestly, I cannot remember. When you have all this $h!+ lying around and cannnot find room for anything, something has to go, and I hope that wasn't one of those things.

Members online

Back