Sls Stereo Problems

muzik4life

LVC Member
Reaction score
IM TRYING TO INSTALL A AFTER MARKET STEREO IN MY SLS BECAUSE THE FACTORY SYSTEM WAS STOLEN AND ALL IS LEFT ARE THE BARE WIRES, I TRIED TO HOOK UP THE NEW STEREO, BUT ALL I COULD GET IT TO DO WAS LIGHT UP, IT WOULDNT MAKE ANY SOUND, I CALLED AROUND TO THE AUDIO STORES, AND THEY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT BYPASSING THE FACTORY AMP. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS OR ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME? :feedback :eek2: :Bang :C

They are right

You will need to find the wires from the old system that go to the amp and remove them and then conect them directly to the speakers. If you are not using the factory amp you will need to find all your wires and take the time to tag where they ALL go, then it will be easier to use them to rewire your new system direcly to you speakers, If you have some basic wiring know how you will be OK, if not... Take it and get it done some where. Its about a one hour job at most as long as the mounting goes well.

muzik4life said:
IM TRYING TO INSTALL A AFTER MARKET STEREO IN MY SLS BECAUSE THE FACTORY SYSTEM WAS STOLEN AND ALL IS LEFT ARE THE BARE WIRES, I TRIED TO HOOK UP THE NEW STEREO, BUT ALL I COULD GET IT TO DO WAS LIGHT UP, IT WOULDNT MAKE ANY SOUND, I CALLED AROUND TO THE AUDIO STORES, AND THEY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT BYPASSING THE FACTORY AMP. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS OR ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME? :feedback :eek2: :Bang :C

dude, if you can refund your over the counter and go try to find the original equipment model.

Any dealer should have them, and they are steep, 500-800 bucks for the cd, tape, radio combo, but it could def. save u time and money in the long run.

If you want to keep your after market, go to best buy and have them install it... i had my jvc put into my old saab for about 90 bucks, and it was solid installation with a warranty of defective install for i think 1 year.

Members online

Back