Hey Jamie

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
Think I could get a job with my uber welding skills? LMAO

I know, I suck at tEh welding... I have the equipment, but... maybe one day.

05252009086.jpg

I appreciate the offer, GZ. But now, for the foreseable future... I won't really have a lot of time to dedicate to learning how to weld. I want to spend a couple of weeks welding, going through at least a wire spool a day. Maybe towards the end of the year I'll have the time.

not bad, but try slowing down and weaving back and forth just a little. maybe a little more wire speed and more voltage. what kind of mig are you using? these are a few welds i put down on the handicap ramps i made for Madill air force base. just keep practicing, mig welding is one of the easiest ways to weld and fastest to learn.

workstuff005.jpg

workstuff004-1.jpg

Those welds look nice. They better be, you're getting paid for them. LOL

The welder I was using is a Miller... 2 something? I don't remember.

Wire speed was around 30, and voltage was on 2 (or was it 3?)

I knew about the whole weave thing to make it look like a row of nickels though. Just didn't apply it. :/

I was using my are welder yesterday, which I have now fond to be broken, made me feel like I couldn't weld...

not bad, but try slowing down and weaving back and forth just a little. maybe a little more wire speed and more voltage. what kind of mig are you using? these are a few welds i put down on the handicap ramps i made for Madill air force base. just keep practicing, mig welding is one of the easiest ways to weld and fastest to learn.

workstuff005.jpg

workstuff004-1.jpg

Stack o dimes, the way a proper weld should look.

Those welds look nice. They better be, you're getting paid for them. LOL

The welder I was using is a Miller... 2 something? I don't remember.

Wire speed was around 30, and voltage was on 2 (or was it 3?)

I knew about the whole weave thing to make it look like a row of nickels though. Just didn't apply it. :/

Yea, thats what we got one to. A miller something or the other. Aint got it hooked up yet though.

we have 4 migs at work, all millers, they are fairly large 220's, we also have a huge miller tig welder which probably hasnt been turned on in a few years, one of our miller's is stricly set up for steel, the other 3 are set for steel and all 3 have aluminum spool guns since most of our product at work is aluminum. and we also have a 2200 lb 2 cylinder gas miller arc/tig/mig portable generator/welder that we take out on alot of on site welding jobs, in fact, thats what we have been using at Macdill to put together all the stuff i made a few months back. that also uses a spool gun, we have been trying to use steel wire at Macdill but with the rain and wind we have had thepast 2 weeks we've been burning through flux core spools left and right, we bought every roll from 6 home depots around the base lmao!!! i have pics on my phone of the stuff i made now that its erected on the base it came out awesome and we made zero modifications to install it, i'm that damn good!!!!! just dont know how to get the pics from my phone to this!

we have 4 migs at work, all millers, they are fairly large 220's, we also have a huge miller tig welder which probably hasnt been turned on in a few years, one of our miller's is stricly set up for steel, the other 3 are set for steel and all 3 have aluminum spool guns since most of our product at work is aluminum. and we also have a 2200 lb 2 cylinder gas miller arc/tig/mig portable generator/welder that we take out on alot of on site welding jobs, in fact, thats what we have been using at Macdill to put together all the stuff i made a few months back. that also uses a spool gun, we have been trying to use steel wire at Macdill but with the rain and wind we have had thepast 2 weeks we've been burning through flux core spools left and right, we bought every roll from 6 home depots around the base lmao!!! i have pics on my phone of the stuff i made now that its erected on the base it came out awesome and we made zero modifications to install it, i'm that damn good!!!!! just dont know how to get the pics from my phone to this!
goto send pic on your phone and instead of a number, put in your email address

could always get my buddy to help ya :-D

he makes 3k doing welding and gets to choose his vacations :-D

hey cool it worked!!!
this is only part of the job i built, this was the second building we installed our stuff at, the other was about 1000 feet from this one, we are almost finished with the whole job, just have about a half a days worth of work left to do, but here it is, nothing fancy lol just some stairs and ramps, took me less time to make all this than it did to install it all.
DAMN that is an awesome picture for a phone lol, its my new LG Shine i recently picked up. first pic from it i have seen on a computer.
Macdill.jpg

here is a second one.... different angle

Macdill2.jpg

hey cool it worked!!!

Well of course it worked! You... doubted me? hmmm?

DAMN that is an awesome picture for a phone lol, its my new LG Shine i recently picked up. first pic from it i have seen on a computer.

Don't go nutting your shorts now, or I won't show you how to pull your pics off the phone through bluetooth... oh wait.... You have Verizon. You're boned. Can't do it. VZ cripples the bluetooth stack on most of their phones, just so you won't be able to do stuff like that. :D

Members online

Back