My, how far we've come...

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
I was cleaning one of my pick-up trucks today, when I stumbled upon an old analog Motorola bag phone unit. Since it was going into the trash, I popped it open, and got to thinking how far we've come along in electronics from even just a couple of years ago...

All the gizzards in this phone and then some, can now easily be fit into a footprint smaller than a pack of smokes.

Makes you wonder where the civilian electronic market will be in 20 years.

05242009078.jpg

I was cleaning one of my pick-up trucks today, when I stumbled upon an old analog Motorola bag phone unit. Since it was going into the trash, I popped it open, and got to thinking how far we've come along in electronics from even just a couple of years ago...

All the gizzards in this phone and then some, can now easily be fit into a footprint smaller than a pack of smokes.

Makes you wonder where the civilian electronic market will be in 20 years.

Terminator: Salvation.

It amazes me what they can do with electronics.... things that I want to see... A scanner and projector in a cell phone that can interface with bluetooth with my lap top.

Still suprises me with cameras how they can capture so much on something so small. I mean I know the neurological impulses of the mind to able to have the perception that we do when we see but being able to replicate that through such a simple and manageable device is downright remarkable..... I applaud cameras/videocameras as they progress :-D

I still hate mp3 players...it's bad enough a BIG ipod breaks so easy...so why give us an even smaller and unmanageable one? humph!

I mean I know the neurological impulses of the mind to able to have the perception that we do when we see but being able to replicate that through such a simple and manageable device is downright remarkable...
Well.

I think you just contradicted yourself.

Well.

I think you just contradicted yourself.

indeed...what I meant was how we see our surroundings can be so easily manipulated through an eletronic device(s).

Hell cameras could of viewed everything the way a fly or spider or dog does....so why the vision that WE see? The rods/cones in our eyes are just weird :p

Our eyes have a resolution of approx. 28 megapixels. Wide view, of course.

What is more perplexing than cameras, is memories. Let that ish sink in.

Nano-technology man, that's the future.

As I quote one of my favorite author/comedians.

"In the future - All the knowledge in the world will be contained on a single, tiny silicon chip which someone will misplace." -- George Carlin

Nano-technology man, that's the future.

As I quote one of my favorite author/comedians.

"In the future - All the knowledge in the world will be contained on a single, tiny silicon chip which someone will misplace." -- George Carlin

well we would be alot futher if it wasn't for christianity f*cking it up....

here's a chart:

1229803534720.jpg

I had a mango and berry smoothie with shot of espresso yesterday damn was it good ....

What the hell was this thread about ... oh and Cal control Fossten ... you let him out of his cage (Political Forum) LOL ...

Fosstens new siggy is a little out there... I mean a good conservative christian shouldn't want to kill anyone... Isn't that like one of those commandment deals?

Fosstens new siggy is a little out there... I mean a good conservative christian shouldn't want to kill anyone... Isn't that like one of those commandment deals?
The fact that the gun isn't firing means that I don't want to kill anyone. :D

With a sucking face wound, apply tourniquet to upper neck.

Members online

Back