is this bad lmfao??

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
all i can say is ouch!!!! this is the number 8 cylinder piston and rod from the 97 motor i took apart last weekend. look at this sum bitch!!
he couldnt figure out what the big bang and smashing sound was!!!!

monsters092.jpg

monsters093.jpg

crank is fine! but i still threw it away, its nothing but a boat anchor! the block has a small spot on the bottom of the cylinder where the rod rubbed it, but the block is still good too.

That is sorta what mine looked like, except the crank was moving slow enough to jam up against the piston. I had to remove the piston before I could turn the engine over.

Mine was hydrolock. I am guessing this could have been but I am betting something else.

it was hydro locked, it had a bad headgasket for quite awhile and got so bad it just filled with coolant

yes it is, pieces of piston floating around in the crank case and custom bent EAGLE rods are the SHIZZZZZZ

Ah, yes. The new "C-rod". Sure wish my 95 came with those fancy top-end components, but I just wasn't willing to spend the bills and ended up with the plain old-fashioned straight rods. DAMMITALL! :D

looks like the hydrolock bent the rod and made it shorter and crank counterweight clipped the piston.I took apart 96 cobra engine with same problem.It bent #4 and broke #8 and the rod cut a grove in the block

Bent Rod

all i can say is ouch!!!! this is the number 8 cylinder piston and rod from the 97 motor i took apart last weekend. look at this sum bitch!!
he couldnt figure out what the big bang and smashing sound was!!!!

monsters092.jpg

monsters093.jpg

Jamie, When you pointed out to me on Sunday the hydrolock bent rod, I was wondering if you would take a picture of it and put it on L/C, you did. You did a great job on my 1996 MK VIII headlights. Ken

Members online

No members online now.
Back