LOL at Ford

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a 2000 Lincoln Ls and i bought extended warranty for it, It has 83k miles on the clock. On the highway there was some jerk when it was time to shift gears, i already knew it was the coils, so took it to Ford incase it would be coverd under warranty and i only had to pay the 97.50 detuctable.

So i find out it isnt coverd and i must pay 475.00, that was the price givin after the 97.50 was taken out. Heres the repairs.

I need

Replace 1 coil, 1 spark plug, and coile wire harness

total repair cost

572 - 97 = 475.

Isnt that BS or what ?

I don't understand why those parts won't be replaced under your extended warranty? Is there something in the warranty small print that says those parts aren't covered. :confused:

idk, the guy showed me the paper that he printed out. he said i only bought powertrain warranty

Wierd, the DCCV was coverd under warranty, why isnt coils and spark plugs ? Odd

Well, I'd think that ignition coils that are part of an engine i.e. the powertrain would be covered? What a bunch of B.S.!!! Raise hell!!! (unless there is a clause in your warranty small print that specifically excludes such things)

Yea dude, he's just trying to work you over. It SHOULD be covered if you have powertrain warranty, stealerships FTL

just replace them all....once one goes bad it won't be long before the others do...I had mine go bad in 4 coil and my spark plugs were near dead so my buddy helped me replace mine at the shop (and I paid him for his time since I'm a good friend) and it was only 600 bucks for a parcial D.I.Y. job

Me and D.I.Y. jobs don't go very well i have no clue what i'll be doing, if i knew what i was doing under the hood my car would be fantastic.

I do have a friend that works on cars, but all he does is work on hondas, not sure if he knows anything about ford, or if he worked on one before.

you can buy the 8 coils for about 150 on ebay so thats alot and yes the powertrain is the whole engine and parts that make it run and also the transmission did you get a ford extended warrenty or some third party, btw take it to another dealership.

Me and D.I.Y. jobs don't go very well i have no clue what i'll be doing, if i knew what i was doing under the hood my car would be fantastic.

I do have a friend that works on cars, but all he does is work on hondas, not sure if he knows anything about ford, or if he worked on one before.

all you do is unscrew and gently remove (silicone as well) the VCG aka Valve Cover Gasket and in there you will get the ignition coils and the spark plugs..then make sure to reseal the valve cover gasket with sealant (make sure you didn't scrape off all the old sealant) and there you go.... cmon...I'm am mechanically handicapped and that was quite easy...it's getting to the VCG that is hard :p

you can buy the 8 coils for about 150 on ebay so thats alot and yes the powertrain is the whole engine and parts that make it run and also the transmission did you get a ford extended warrenty or some third party, btw take it to another dealership.

I bought it at Ford. And if i take it to another dealership there going to charge me the 97.50. Thats 200 bucks already lol.

But yeah I'm going to stop by the Ford i went to and see that paper one more time.

all you do is unscrew and gently remove (silicone as well) the VCG aka Valve Cover Gasket and in there you will get the ignition coils and the spark plugs..then make sure to reseal the valve cover gasket with sealant (make sure you didn't scrape off all the old sealant) and there you go.... cmon...I'm am mechanically handicapped and that was quite easy...it's getting to the VCG that is hard :p

No valve cover gasket... It's just a coil cover. (6) 8mm bolts if I remember, It's pretty easy once you know which one. ;)

powertrain should cover a coil!, pm me your vin# and ill run it to see if its covered, but it wont be till tues, cuz im fixing to head out soon. it is a ford "ESP" warranty, right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back