Thunderbird Cross brace for LS

i think there is a fraction of an inch differnece.... it should have a rake per say. not unless the stocks are still in the back

im still waiting on the part, which pisses me off even more since it is $400 now

well i followed up today and we might be screwed the part is discontinued, so i am now searching for a salvage t-bird to get the part off of

That is correct...that early one is discontinued and the 03 and up is available and a substantial increase in $ $528.38 and LVC would be 396.29!!!!! I was just getting ready to call and find out where that got that $150.00 from!!

Did you ever put that X-brace in? I looked at one today on a T-bird on the lift. My cost was $350. Just wondering if you could build something better, and cheaper at a chassis shop?

Well, What happened to this mod? Did it ever come to be?

The purpose for the question regarding bar lay-out and dimensions is that it might be possible to substitute a generic, race-type piece. A photo and some measurements would answer a lot of questions!
KS

I was under the impression that it was a bolt up from the Tbird to the LS, with no modifications needed. And since this was already ordered frm the dealer if it has been done?

Did this project just died??
IrishV8LS did u post a how to thread for the sway bar links u built? Ive found ones pretty similar at ebay, but I'd rather build my owns if I know how to.

IrishV8LS, how did those links u built affected the car's feel? Did it get noisy? Harsh? Didnt they get any loose after driving on them for a while??

I wanna put similar links as yours and do something similar to the tie rods. Do u think it'll work any better? Im all about performance, I dont care about loosing comfortability.

not to answer for IrishV8LS - but from my own personal experience - hemi joints are much harsher - but we use them on race cars since they are easy to adjust and can be rebuilt in pieces.

You likely will not notice it much using them on the links - either way.

Quick u r the man! All of your posts have useful data ! Thanks man !

btw, do u have the stock radiator on or u found an upgrade? Mine has a small crack on the top of the plastic part, the car does run, does not overheat, but I know the crack is there. I wanna see if I can put in an aluminum universal radiator. Do u know if the only mod needed will be the mounting brackets?

upgraded radiator..... something ive thought about but my car runs cool as hell anyway so I havent tried it. Has anyone taken the time to see if the t-bird has an available aftermarket version of these cross members?

I'm still running stock - all fine. The supercharging adds heat - but with the intercooler, it's not as much as you would think.

Members online

Back