Almost done!

Chadly

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got the intake in and everything is done but the air inlet tube and the cruise cable. I think I f'ed it up though. I was sitting here on the couch and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I didnt plug the holes in the bottom of the intake. They were all threaded so all I had to do was put some screws in there, but I completely forgot. Does anyone know if they go all the way through? If they do it will cause a huge vaccum leak, but if not I will just leave it the way it is. I really dont want to take it all off again.

Also, the gas pedal doesnt have a lot of tension. Is that because the CC cable isnt connected?

Thanks for all the help, pics will be up in about a week.

yeah your gas pedal will be really light!! The cruise control cable is also a return spring, giving you a good pedal feel.

I don't remember plugging anything under the intake though... I think you'll be ok, but maybe i just dont understand what you are saying.

one year of Cobra intakes had two holes at the bottom, book says 96's, but Chadly seems to have gotten a 98 intake with the holes in the bottom.........

and yeah youll have a vaccum leak, the book says to plug them..........

Mine doesn't have holes that go into the plenum. Just mounting 3 holes for the IMRC controller which don't go all the way through.

They are what hold the IMRC controller on the 98's. I was told by someone else that the holes dont go all the way through to the intake so I should be good. There are 3 "posts" that extend about 2" from the bottom of the intake.

bulletproof38.JPG

Here are some pics so far, just about there, only waiting for the inlet tube and TPS cable needs extended.

intake005.jpg

intake010.jpg

intake011.jpg

Here are some pics so far, just about there, only waiting for the inlet tube and TPS cable needs extended.

I thought you could just flop the Throttle body over and avoid that? Maybe I'm wrong

No, by flipping the throttle body, it makes you have to extend the Throttle Position Sensor wires as it puts the tps on the other side..

Looks great!!! You had to trim down where the Fuel Press. Regulator hits the EGR port on the intake?? or did you use cobra rails?? Curious, it looks like it was a tight squeeze like mine was..

awesome!

looks like stock rails, is a new pipe for the EGR all that u need to keep it? im guessing its the same EGR valve as the cobra?

I thought you could just flop the Throttle body over and avoid that? Maybe I'm wrong

I was wonder the same thing can the tb turned over th eother way so the tps and throttle cable stay on the same sides as stock lincoln.
Also the egr outlet on the intake is tight to th efuel pressure regulator, will th emark fuel rails work with an aftermarket adjustable regulator. If I remember right the aftermarket one sits higher than a stock one. I have my cobra intake ready to go on soon. I guess I will find out.

Nice work Chadly looks good.

I used the stock fuel rails and didnt have to trim down anything. It was a tight fit but it did fit. I'll try to get a better pic of that and post it later.

I'm not running an EGR, so I dont know about the pressure regulator. I have been told you have to use cobra fuel rails if you want to use the egr.

The TB has to be flipped over because of where the throttle cable mounting bracket is located. Had to get a little creative with the bracket. I ended up using the mark bracket for the throttle cable and the cobra bracket for the cruise cable. I had to bend them both to get them to fit right but it worked.

If anybody wants detailed pics of anything just let me know and I'll put them up.

What exactly do you want pics of? I'll try to get some of the throttle bracket, egr, pressure regulator, and vac lines. Anything else?

Fuel pressure regulator- it fits there, but as you can see if you had the egr attached you would have to use the cobra fuel rails.

intake012.jpg

intake018.jpg

Vac lines- I used one of the plastic lines that came with the intake for the PCV and used the egr hole for the brake booster. I also cut up the stock plastic line for the pcv and used that for the one on the back of the intake that goes to the air pump down in front of the crank pulley and the other thing on the pass side fuel rail.
intake016.jpg

intake019.jpg

Throttle cable bracket- I used the stock bracket for the throttle and bent up the cobra bracket so I could use it for the cruise cable. You will see the EGR is still there. I tried for 3 hours to get it off then said FUKIT. I need to order a block off plate, or just make one.
intake014.jpg

I cant have the camera out her saying DADDY TAKE MY PICTURE! so here is my babygirl.

intake020.jpg

Fuel pressure regulator- it fits there, but as you can see if you had the egr attached you would have to use the cobra fuel rails.

intake012.jpg

intake018.jpg

Vac lines- I used one of the plastic lines that came with the intake for the PCV and used the egr hole for the brake booster. I also cut up the stock plastic line for the pcv and used that for the one on the back of the intake that goes to the air pump down in front of the crank pulley and the other thing on the pass side fuel rail.
intake016.jpg

intake019.jpg

Throttle cable bracket- I used the stock bracket for the throttle and bent up the cobra bracket so I could use it for the cruise cable. You will see the EGR is still there. I tried for 3 hours to get it off then said FUKIT. I need to order a block off plate, or just make one.
intake014.jpg

I cant have the camera out her saying DADDY TAKE MY PICTURE! so here is my babygirl.

intake020.jpg

You've done a good job on the Mark Chadly, and your daughter is a cutie you have alot to be proud of. :cool:

how did she run when you were done and when are you getting a tune? Looks great and it makes me want to tear into mine but i have other priorities to get to, my cobra needs to be gotten out and driven lol. where do you have the tube from the egr going?

Well thank you very much Pep. She's only 2 1/2 but is looking so grown up in that pic. lol

I am still waiting for the air inlet tube to come in the snail mail. Maybe it will be here today, or monday when I get back from vegas. I have an extra mark tube I was tempted to hack up and make it work but decided to just wait. Waiting also to hear back from Lonnie about my chip.

The vac tube from the egr is going to the brake booster.

On the other EGR is still hooked up but I need to block it off. Can I use JB Weld to do that? Not sure how well it stands up to heat, or how hot the egr gets.

Members online

No members online now.
Back