SST back for upshift mod

I have no problem with you guys modding you LS... but when i think something is stupid and a waste of time.... IM GOING to post about it...

What's stupid and a waste of time is making 4 posts in a row - in the same thread - over the course of 12 minutes. You could've done a shifter mod in that amount of time. :D

you know nothing... you can do any engine swap and itcan be street legal... its called a referee... LETS see no cams... no upgrade crankshafts no aftermarket gears... one cat back exhaust, no aftermarket throttle bodies, no intake manifolds, no cylinders heads, headers, mid pipes, you want me to keep going???

Not in California. The reason, if you care, for a lack of parts is simple. Ford sells more Mustangs in a year than the total LS production. You're under 30, right?

not in california is even easier... yes im 25 years old and a license smog tech

did i say i was a bad ass.... NO... but this guy thinks he is a wiring marvel because he reversed the wiring on two sensors

but i will say i am ASE certified in electrical and electrical circuits

I guess you are really reading between the lines here. Where in any of our posts did we make it seem like it's a difficult mod? Where do you get the idea that Sully or I are stating that either of us is a "wiring marvel"? If anything, we stated how EASY it was.

How can one be ASE certified if they can't even comprehend simple statements?

Wow, someone's a bad ass because he put a 5.0 into a 4 cylinder Mustang.

:lol:

:lol: He said he had a 4 cylinder that would hand him his ass but yet he felt the need to swap out that 4 bangger stangs motor:lol:

Its no longer a 4 cylinder then!

I guess you are really reading between the lines here. Where in any of our posts did we make it seem like it's a difficult mod? Where do you get the idea that Sully or I are stating that either of us is a "wiring marvel"? If anything, we stated how EASY it was.

How can one be ASE certified if they can't even comprehend simple statements?

Dont forget about the battery.

not in california is even easier... yes im 25 years old and a license smog tech

As for your "easy" engine swap; you should check out your governing body. And a trip to a referee is far from a guarantee. Unless they're willing to put their license on the line and look the other way.

By the way; will you do my smog check? I'm having trouble getting someone to do it as I have an intake tube without a CARB sticker.

oh wait im sorry... you have a 13 second car... your such a better man then me LOL! come to the central valley... i got a 4cyl Mustang that will had you your ass!

by all calculations, I should have a 12 second LS.... but since you dont want to race me with your LS I'm sure I have something that will spank your bastardized stang, just might be a one wheel peel, but sub 10's should do the trick.... ass

Honestly man, how you brag about building a 5.0 stang? That's like saying you do the best paint by number Mona Lisa. Show some damn creativity and ingenuity! As for your cams.... search for Empire LS. Want internal work, check out the land speed thread. And don't brag about an ASE mechanic as knowing your wiring, cause its just not impressive. I can walk into most any shop and find an ASE who doesn't know his ass from his elbows.

As for posting negativity, post it, then get the hell out of the thread so the people who like the idea can the info they want without having to surf through 9 pages of "you guys are dumb" and "my stang is faster" or "I'm an ASE and like little boys." Its called common courtesy, but I guess it wasn't in your ASE course.

did i say i was a bad ass.... NO... but this guy thinks he is a wiring marvel because he reversed the wiring on two sensors

but i will say i am ASE certified in electrical and electrical circuits

I am a wiring marvel, but then again most EE's are

This mod went from being some small talk one day, and now I think it can be done from start to finish with pics and easy step by step instructions. I'm glad some people are doing it and liking it.

Finally did mine today. Bought a straight pick but turns out it was too big. If you're going to do this you need to get a really small one. I ended up using one of those tiny flatheads for glasses and small computer screws, it worked perfect.

It took me a while to get the first pin out. It might help anyone else swapping the pins to know that after you get the white lock clip out the direction you go at it with the pick is from the end where it plugs in. You will see a small grey hump meeting the metal of the pin, gently lift pry this up with the small pick and pull on the other end to slide the wire out. You don't need to pull hard but it might be a little tough. After I figured this part out it was done in no time. Also in order to not confuse the wires I pulled the top left and bottom left out first and swapped them then did the next two. I figured I couldn't screw it up that way. I had a hard time (big hands) holding the pin up with the pick and pulling the other end in that tight space.

Also, I had some creaks and squeaks coming from the center there. I figured it would be a pain to find them all, but the 3 main pieces of center console that you need to remove were the cause of all the sounds. It's so quiet over bumps without those 3 pieces in. I am cleaning them up, I think they were squeaking because of dirt and crap that slid down the cracks and caused gaps. Going to re-assemble and see how it goes. It's really easy to remove those pieces so you might wanna think about it.

Love the new SST mod though. Thanks to everyone for figuring out the hard stuff so I could do it so easy. This idea was epic. I have to get used to using SST now (I never used it because I hated that up to shift). You gotta shift up to 3rd pretty quick from a stop just casually driving in order to not lurch the car forward huh.

Had to edit to add be careful taking out the cup holders. The traction control button is held on to that piece by only 2 plastic screws, and the actual plastic part on the console piece cracked up past the screw. I glued it and it's holding fine but it could've been avoided with gentler prying (not that I was very rough).

Old thread but I'm bumping for new members like me. First time I used SST I was like WTF? So I discovered this thread while researching something else and I did it today. I followed 1loudls' instructions. It worked like a charm, and it was a lot easier than i expected. Besides that I learned something too. Never know when I'll have to switch some pins around for another reason.

Used this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3932541&CAWELAID=468196878

The red one all the way to the left was perfect.

Only one draw back. After I cut the middle out of the backwards C for the + and - I ended up dropping the - down under the actual shifter. I feel stupid. Tomorrow after turkey I'll work on retrieving it. I'm already working on getting a replacement anyway.

i'm glad it worked for you, this is still one of my favorite mods!

i also cant believe how long ago it was that i did this.

Members online

Back