keyless entry question

BOSPLYA

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 99 Lincoln Continental. When i bought the car he only give me one key. So i thought that the car didnt have remote keyless entry. But the other day i seen a red light flashing on the top of the dash on the driver side. Does that mean the the car has keyless entry? or is it a way i can find out if it does have keyless entry?

Keyless entry is a number pad on the drivers door. Key the code and you can unlock it.

The other item is the remote key fob to unlock the car from a distance. If you did not get a remote, you will have to buy one and get it programmed.

The flashing red light is the alarm.

Keyless entry is a number pad on the drivers door. Key the code and you can unlock it.

The other item is the remote key fob to unlock the car from a distance. If you did not get a remote, you will have to buy one and get it programmed.

The flashing red light is the alarm.

yes i didnt get a remote. But i was going to buy one. But i dont know if my car got a alarm or not. So if it got the red light in the driver side dasboard. i can buy a remote and get it programmed?

first you need to find out if the red light is the factory PATS light or an aftermarket alarm LED, if its an aftermarket led then you will need to find out what brand it is befor you can get a remote for it.

The alarm is standard equipment for Continentals. Yes, you can buy a remote and get it programmed. The programming can be done 'mechanically' if you know how. On my Windstar, all the guy did was flip the ignition switch 5 times while pushing a button on the remote.

Now i got my new remote.But i cant find the factory code. I looked in the trunk. I seen a small sticker on the trunk lid. but its none read able. And i dont know where the computer module. Can anybody help me out? I would hate to goto the dealer and pay for something i can do myself.

I think the whole plastic part pops out. I just took my door panel off, had to replace my key code buttons.

This is how i programmed my new remote

NOTE: Please UNLOCK the vehicle using the switch on the inside of the door before starting the program procedure. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Within 20 seconds, press any button on 1st remote transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Within 20 seconds, press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Members online

No members online now.
Back