LSE Body Kit Plus - for Lincoln LS '00-'02

You had all this fun stuff but never put it on? Really? that sux.....well if it wasn't for the fact most of my money went into the new place I bought I'd definetely be down for the purchase :p

Yea... bought the kit just before we decided to renovate the house... which sucked up any chance of getting the thing painted right away. Now, I'd have to have the whole car painted which would be way more than just doing the kit. So off the kit goes and the car soon to follow.

I think he was talking to Sully.:)

He wants to know if Sully will sell him the grille if the deal goes down between you and Sully.

However I assume you are just letting him know you have other grilles for sale as well?

right are you selling this kit to sully or whats going on

Just checked your ebay listings. Your grille material is not the same direction as the mclaren grille. Perhaps you should include that info in your listing.

Just checked your ebay listings. Your grille material is not the same direction as the mclaren grille. Perhaps you should include that info in your listing.

It's also not beveled, like the McLaren Grille, and it's thicker, than the McLaren Grille. When I refer to it matching the McLaren Grille, I was referring to the diameter of the holes. When it's painted and installed, you can't even tell the difference. And to tell you the truth, I never even noticed.

vbpgimage.php

Right. But you are only pointing out minor differences. The direction of the perforations is a pretty big difference. I have the same material from ametco. Same place where the llsoc guys did their group buy. but when I ordered the sheet for some guys around here, I noticed that before hand, and had ametco cut the sheet differently to have the perforations run the same direction.

How did you fix the issue of it protruding so far past the fogs? That's what discouraged me from finishing the project.

And what did you use to attech it? Just zip ties?

Right. But you are only pointing out minor differences. The direction of the perforations is a pretty big difference. I have the same material from ametco. Same place where the llsoc guys did their group buy. but when I ordered the sheet for some guys around here, I noticed that before hand, and had ametco cut the sheet differently to have the perforations run the same direction.

How did you fix the issue of it protruding so far past the fogs? That's what discouraged me from finishing the project.

I was in on that original buy from LLSOC and bought two pieces. This was a piece I was going to use for the LSE front bumper kit. I never noticed the direction difference of the holes and personally, I didn't care. I updated the ebay listing with the descrepency you noted.

I cut mine so that it would butt up against the fog lights and it didn't protrude so far. On a black car like mine, with the grille painted gunmetal grey, you couldn't notice.

And what did you use to attech it? Just zip ties?

Yep, 6 black zip ties.

I might take another stab at it this spring once it warms up. The compound curve of the lower grille makes it tricky working with the thicker material.

Sorry to go off topic!

Just do hide away fogs.

Not really, I dont know if I would like that but......;)

Or if you have the balls to cut the factory bumper grille out and the time to spend on body work fixing up the areas you cut out why not fix it on from behind?

Balls? yep. Second car, so I can have something to drive while the car is in my garage? nope.

Believe me, I've thought about it. I almost took a belt sander to the grille to sand it down to the proper shape.

Dude, it's my gear... and it's not sold yet, nor do I have to sell it. Maybe I'll exclude it from the sale with Sully and keep it for a year.

dude i dont give a rats a$$ what you do with the grill or your gear me and sully were just talkin about the stuff he didnt want then you butted in with your rude A$$ comments

dude i dont give a rats a$$ what you do with the grill or your gear me and sully were just talkin about the stuff he didnt want then you butted in with your rude A$$ comments

Rude comments? Touche' (And no, that's not "Douche" spelled incorrectly)

i wasnt talkin to you

right are you selling this kit to sully or whats going on

your cool

Who's being rude?

I can't see how I'm butting in... it's still my stuff for now and I started the thread. What he does with it afterwards, I don't care. All I know is that by opening your cake hole, you're ruining a good deal for Sully and possibly others.

I own them! I couldn't make it down for pick up, but my girl did and said they are all in new condition except for the valance which is primered and a little dirty, no biggy

Thank you Mike.

LMFAO, gtfo kid. It's his thread, and it WAS his parts. If you want to "talk to sully" they make PM's for that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back