Looking for a K&N Air Intake kit

When I 1st got my Mark it had a cone filter that I threw away. I went back to the stock set up & opened the front of the air box up with a dremel so it could get even more cold air. When I pulled my MAF meter out to clean it there was crap on the wire that needed to be cleaned. I do not like the oiled cone filters myself.

I have a custom under the bumper ram air......comes in the middle of the holes in the front bumper....I'll get pics of it on here.....seemed to help from like 70 and up

I think ram air is funny. When you DONT need the air is when its available. (higher speeds)

Placebo all the way :)

Placebo all the way :)

most people have no clue how fast air actually travels thru the intake tract.

"RAM AIR" is a total farce..

you would have to be going 80+ to "equal" the speed of the air in the intake track.

most people have no clue how fast air actually travels thru the intake tract.

"RAM AIR" is a total farce..

you would have to be going 80+ to "equal" the speed of the air in the intake track.

Yes my son has the Trans AM with the ram air pkg. It doesn't even open up until 100 mph.

As for the oiled filter debockle goes, it's BS. It is USER error upon reoiling that is responsible for 99.8% of the issues related to oiled filters from any brand.

Again it CANT, only YOU can by overoiling it. I have had oiled filter experience for over 20 years now and counting and the ONLY issues ever encounterd were due to OVER oiling by the end user.

So.... what is the benefit of oiled filters? And don't say to catch smaller bits of dust that a regular filter misses OR that they can be "cleaned".

More airflow, less restriction.
With the oiled filters they use less filtering material that's why they need the oil.

Ok... so you have a surface with less material soaked in oil. Would that not mean the oil would fill in the gaps?

Ok... so you have a surface with less material soaked in oil. Would that not mean the oil would fill in the gaps?

when done properly the oil is inside the gauze fiber it does a good job of catching the dirt particles.

but I dont buy into the gauze filter hype.
I tried almost all filter combinations and configurations... in the end I wound up with a stock air box, stock meter, and paper filter.

with that said.. I'm "not against" a stock replacement K&N.

I agree with Geno, 100% of the time the oil issue is generally caused by the end user cleaning and re-oilng their filters too often and too much.

Members online

No members online now.
Back