Who fixes your LS?

Who fixes your LS

• Dealership

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Small timers

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me first, then independent mechanic and then a dealership (only as a last resort, eg. for programming fobs and my new FEM).

For fixes, the dealership, it's still got 20K of warranty. As for servicing, I take to my local mechanic. This guys is great.

WHAT!? Who fixes there cars?

I never have any problems with my LS.. :rollseyes:

Hahahaha!

Buckets and buckets of problems..

Dealer because I dont really know anybody....any one in the NY NJ area that thinks they could work on my LS for a reasonable fee is welcome to work on my ls. Yeah, thats a real indirect way of asking if anybody would be willing to work on my car....
or anyone in SE Pennsylvania...

What if you have a buddy that works for a dealership who helps you on the side? Not saying that I do. I'm just saying what if?

:D What if there was more than two options in the poll?

Im not saying there is, but what if?:D

Mine was kind of a mix of both. Bought the car from a Philly dealership that I had a friend who was a head mechanic/team supervisor there. The car had body damage and was repainted but I never bothered to check because he ok'd it and I trusted him. Well I found this out when I went to sell it because no one would touch it.
I confronted him and he admitted he knew but said he thought I'd keep the car for a much longer time so that the body damage would sort of cancel out. I ended up keeping it and whatever work I needed he did for free including labor and parts and got me a rental car, even after the warranty expired. I guess he was my small timer at the dealership.

I am not mechanically inclined to repair the LS on my own.

Luckily, the Lincoln-Mercury dealership in my hometown is a third-generation family-operated organization. They are very fair and reasonable. Probably the only dealership that I would trust taking my car to. They know me by name and I am provided with a nice loaner car while my car is in the shop. Also, the dealership is right down the street from my house, so convenience is a plus.

We have a good L/M dealer near my house also. I also know an independent guy who always worked on my T-Bird. He does a lot of work for local used car dealers and he told me he's see a lot of LS's. I've had no problems in the seven months I've had my LS but I'll let him work on it when I need something done.

What coverage? I had the 75k mile or 7years everything warranty.

I purchased an aftermarket warranty right after I bought the LS. 6yrs or 75,000 miles. I will run out of time before I run out of miles. It was bumper to bumper. Covered everything.

The Ford dealer I go to kicks ass. They are the OLNY reason I bought my MKZ. There service department is second to none. They have pushed things through on my warranty that shouldn't have been covered. I had a mass-air flow censor go bad. They told me the KKM intake would have voided out the warranty. The dealer just forgot:rolleyes: to mention it to the warranty company that its was there.:D They get the idea on how to keep a customer and make them want to comeback.

I purchased an aftermarket warranty right after I bought the LS. 6yrs or 75,000 miles. I will run out of time before I run out of miles. It was bumper to bumper. Covered everything.

The Ford dealer I go to kicks ass. They are the OLNY reason I bought my MKZ. There service department is second to none. They have pushed things through on my warranty that shouldn't have been covered. I had a mass-air flow censor go bad. They told me the KKM intake would have voided out the warranty. The dealer just forgot:rolleyes: to mention it to the warranty company that its was there.:D They get the idea on how to keep a customer and make them want to comeback.

what dealer are you going to? you can answer in pm if you'd like.

^+1!

Both a great aftermarket warranty and dealership! Wow how rare!

Auffenberg Ford in Belleville Illinios. They kick ass. As sson as the MKZ is paod off. I am trading in my Durango for a Navigator. Have all Lincolns and one dealer to work on them.

Who provides the warranty? And what the deductible?

Members online

No members online now.
Back