ivory pearlescent touch up paint?

I have a small bottle of the Ford touch up paint Ivory pearl metallic. It was the last one left in the country according to ford. It is the small bottle with the brush & is only for little touch up fixes. That color is hard to match to spray as it is a 3 stage paint.

how much for it ??? :D

It's just hard to get it to match properly because not only do you need the color of the paint to match you also need to match the number of coats and the thickness and pattern.... and the pearl to match.

That's exactly why. I tried doing it to a McLaren grille and each time I'd either apply too much basecoat and not enough pearl or vice versa. I used the entire cans which was about enough to fully paint both bumpers on just the frame of a grille trying to get it right.

how much for it ??? :D

Like I said, it's only a small bottle, Just PM me your address & I'll send it to you. After all I don't need it anymore. It is very thin & you need to put several thin coats on to make it appear correct. It's great if you get a small rock chip or something though. I have kept it indoors so it would remain good.

markviiiparts.gif

That's exactly why. I tried doing it to a McLaren grille and each time I'd either apply too much basecoat and not enough pearl or vice versa. I used the entire cans which was about enough to fully paint both bumpers on just the frame of a grille trying to get it right.

That's what the concept of a let down panel is for, you spray a few different combos of base/pear/clear trying to get the best possible match.

To give you an idea of how tricky it is my friends dad has been painting for 30 years and I asked him how close he could get my bumper if he repainted... his response was "It'll be Pear White" ......

Like I said, I wasted all the cans trying to get it right which was enough paint to probably fully paint both bumpers. I had it done professionally and I was extremely surprised how close they got it. It wasn't perfect but I knew it was the best I could expect.

like i said, since everyone is saying like i said, its small thin trim, it wont be so obvious if it doesnt match good, if you look at a white or ivory lsc with factory paint, the neon trim, the eye brows, the tail light trim doesnt match perfectly anyway, you can see a slight difference because of the material differences. the most noticable factory mis-match is the toreador red lsc's. its trim man, practice on something with the rattle can stuff then spray the trim, or, open your wallet and go to a body shop since no one in here thinks you can have decent results with cans, just because one person had a bad outcome doesnt mean everyone will, sounds to me like you just need more practice if you cant paint decent with rattle cans.

Like I said in my first post... I just did this with unmatched cans and had awesome results.... just expect a tri coat to be a little harder to match....

Spray a let down panel first and then go for it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back