No Parking!

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I came home today from a glorious day out Malden Park, doing a lil snowboarding and when i got home and pulld the car in the garage. As i went to take the keys out after (putting it in park) the keys wouldnt come out. After trying to figure out what was going on the gear shifter wasn't getting fully into the parked position. And now I cant get my keys out of my car!:confused: Any suggestions at all?

Hit down on the shifter, give it a good smack. My shifter was actually coming up and disconnecting just enough to not work. Sometimes it's the simple things.

did you car get low? cause one time my front end went low and I hit a nasty pot hole going 50mph and it knocked my igniton switch out of whack.

my car is low scrapped some snow and stuff. My shifter won't click into the park spot. When the shifter is in park i can switch gears without having my foot on the brake,

sounds like your interlock solenoid isnt working.

What can I do to check to see if it working properly? and what can be done to fix the problem if that is what it is ?:confused:

Im gonna be trying it out tomorrow after school.. the way your saying it sounds like its gonna be easy...

I was in a junkyard, no key for the ignition and I wanted the driveshaft.... had to get the trans out of park to turn the driveshaft to undo the bolts.

I can put the car in and out of park, but when i put it in park the ignition wont let me turn the key all the way back to get it out, and when u look down at the shift it says its in park. It is in park, car isn't rolling away or anything, but the shifter doesnt lock into the park spot.

Sound like what happened to my 97 Parts car.... the little metal rod that trips the release that allows the key to come out was bent...

Pop off your center console trim and snap a pic of whats going on down there....

It locks in to all the gears but park. Im gonna get out there and start taking the console off. Any idea where theres a lil diagram of remove the console?

Ive taken all the center console trim off... Do i still need to remove the cover that has the PRDN12 on it. There are 3 bolts that need to be removed to do this. I will be doing that later today.
What am i looking for when and if that is removed... I cant see anything thats broken or bent right now. So im probly gonna take that piece off,.

i know this may sound dumb but did you try wigeling the steering wheel? that happened to me once and i wigeled the wheel and it slid right into park.

Members online

No members online now.
Back