ivory pearlescent touch up paint?

whitemark8

LVC Member
Reaction score
whats up everyone, i have a base 98 mark viii that is the ivory pearlescent color. i want to paint my chrome headlight brows, my grill and the chrome on the tail light to match. is there any paint i can buy that will match it? the only ford white i could find was oxford white and im pretty sure that flat white would look like sh!t on my white. any suggestons?

It's not an easy paint to match by any stretch of the imagination and is really best left to pros if you want it to look perfect...

If you just want to have a 10 foot job I would go and get match spray cans and have fun... it will look OK... but anything is better than a base model second gen....

haha your telling my i hate plastic chrome. do they have touchup paint thats made to match the pearl? i realize its not going to be a pro job if i do it, but i want it to at least be close.

I just did a licence plate holder with non matched paint... meaning it was just the same color code, not matched to anything... I'll see if I can get a pic for you..

That being said a Tri Coat pearl white is one of the hardest colors to match....

I would find a local paint supply place that can put paint in spray cans and have them mix the paint for you with your car there... Then spray a let down panel to get an idea of how to get it to match....

thats a good idea, ill probably do that. i know its not going to be perfect but since its seperate panels and i wont have to blend anything i think itll be ok. ive also tossed around the idea of doing the grill, brow and tail in a different color like a green or a grey but im not sure that would look quite right...

I would NOT do that.... Body Matched trim FTW....

Paint you order from a site based on color code will never match as well as paint matched in person... cars fade...

Might... lol... that isn't something you guess on... it's kind of important to get right...

I would suggest taking it to a professional, otherwise the color is going to be so far off you will hate it. You cant spray can a try coat and expect it to look good, no matter how high quality the paint is.

I would suggest taking it to a professional, otherwise the color is going to be so far off you will hate it. You cant spray can a try coat and expect it to look good, no matter how high quality the paint is.

You can try :D

has anyone out there tried doing this themself? i know that its not going to be perfect but the funds just arent there to do a proffesional job

if the funds ain't there for a professional job then find the color and use a airbrush kit with a walmart $20 compressor and later when the fund is right the pros can sand it down and repaint it to perfection...or just leave the damage until you get the cash

Don't paint tri-stage paint yourself. I learned that the hard way once. If you do it yourself you'll seriously just end up wasting your money then spending more in the long run to have it corrected/done right.

he said its ivory, tri stage is a base coat, a top coat and a special clearcoat, a normal paint job is the color, and then the clear coat, 2 stage, single stage paint is the color with hardner added to it, old paint jobs were done single stage for speed and affordability but look like crap. the stuff from paint scratch i believe is the color you want already mixed in one can and then you get your clear in another, these can be bought from paintscratch in aerosol cans, if money is tight, this is the way to go, as long as you can paint halfway decent with a can, it will come out way better than you think. like i said its only trim, you'll never know, its not a body panel.

I bought tri-stage paint from paintscratch and it came with 3 cans. One for the basecoat, one for the pearlescent, and one for the clear coat. It came out terribly.

what was so bad about it? maybe your standards are much higher then mine haha and was it also for the white marks?

It's just hard to get it to match properly because not only do you need the color of the paint to match you also need to match the number of coats and the thickness and pattern.... and the pearl to match.

I have a small bottle of the Ford touch up paint Ivory pearl metallic. It was the last one left in the country according to ford. It is the small bottle with the brush & is only for little touch up fixes. That color is hard to match to spray as it is a 3 stage paint.

Members online

No members online now.
Back