top speed

dnciii

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently pushed my 99' STS to 120mph, then pulled backed. Has anyone reached their top speed yet?

Late year, when we were coming home from holidays in Florida. My 2000 STS was riding fully loaded, 4 persons, trunk so full that you had to push it shut and a large sports gap riding in the 5th seat. I calculate that the Caddy was weighing in at approx. 6500 lbs. On I75 we came upon a Mustang that wasn't letting anyone pass it. I suspect that it thought that it couldn't be out run. Wrong! The Caddy passed him at around 126 mph. By the time I got off the gas the STS was on its way from 135 to 140 mph and the engine was turning just under 5000 rpm. My STS was still accellerating when I let up on her. It was the wife (in the back seat) saying "do you want to STOP THIS %$#^%$%%$# STUPIDITY" that prevented me from actually finding out just how fast her could go.

155 mph for sts sls 112 devills 112 except dts yrs 2000 2005 130 or 155 not sure i havent brought mine up to that speed yet

Theres no car thats y2k + that allows you to go over 120, as far as i know unless you have a tune you cant reach those speeds, or are all of you on factory tune?

First Drive

97 sts one of the best machines known 2man but dont think peep should test the dash its accurate did 130 when I test drove to make sure it was ready and made it seem like I was only doing 40 rides like a champ 130 smooth is a nice ride.

Members online

No members online now.
Back