LS Engine Breakup

LennDawg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have been having some problems with the LS lately and I brought it in to get checked out. They ran tests on it and came up with these two codes..
-PO717 - Turbine Speed Sensor - No Signal
-P1233 - Fuel Pump Driver Module Off Line
Does anybody know where these two parts are, so that I could possibly fix the problem myself? The car sputters and bogs down when you step on the gas a little bit. I do not know how to explain it specifically. If I were to hit the gas, the car would stop and jolt back and forth like it was struggling to keep going. Kind of seems like a fuel filter or something. Could it be the infamous coil spring problem? My car is a 2000 V6 with almost 70k on it. Somebody who knows alot more about this, please fill me in. Thanks!

Nah, but good to see you! Try PMing QuikLS, my bet would be he knows more than anyone.

P1233 - Fuel Pump Driver Module off-line
This is a little tricky - the LS is the only Ford I know that does not have a FPDM - but instead uses the REM (rear electronics module) to also control the fuel pump. The REM controls many things - so it's unlikely the REM is gone bad without you have lots of other issues (like no taillights).

Make sure you have fuel in the tank
Test the schrader valve on the driver's fuel rail - ti see if you have fuel pressure
Depending on that - your troubleshooting goes different directions - either to the pump, interia trigger, filter, .... or electronics.

P0717 - input turbine shaft speed sensor
the PCM monitors the input and output shafts of the transmission - which helps determine shifting, gearing, ...etc. you get htis error when the PCM sees the output shaft spinning and the car not in Netural/Park (so therefore driving) but does not get a singal from the input shaft...

This is typically a sensor or wiring issue. Personaly I would clear the codes and see if this one comes back.

Members online

Back