14.284@97.56

not any, someone had a 100 shot gen 2 that did 13.3 (although no time slip to prove but it seemed legit) i hit 13.7 on my 100 shot gen 1 but there was plenty of room for improvement. it seemed i either had the nitrous tune too tame, or my bottle pressure dropped, and no traction either time.

still, your times are great for NA- congrats! i may do 4.10's down the road but I have a couple things I want to do first. If I can break into 12's without gears, i'll be happy. I should be able to, and if it's a mid 12 then maybe i'll be suckered into doing it :D

Yeah we were talking N/A.

Rob ran 13.382@106.59 with 100shot, same day as the 14.290....I was in the lane next to him on that one too.

Yeah we were talking N/A.

Rob ran 13.382@106.59 with 100shot, same day as the 14.290....I was in the lane next to him on that one too.

yeah, i guess thats the difference between a gen 1 and gen 2. Once the fuel pump is in and i re-jet to 125 shot, that should make up the difference. a dyno tune will help me too since i run it rich. wideband is on the way.

i have 3.73's, maybe i should just find an 8.8 to throw them in.

theres a guy on here (has the gen 1 black Ls with black 20's and a nitrous kit). his sig says he put down like 329rwhp or something i cant remember off hand. but that should be good for a low 13 too. id be scared to run at the track with nitrous and no tune. Once you get the dyno tune you should be doing better.

theres a guy on here (has the gen 1 black Ls with black 20's and a nitrous kit). his sig says he put down like 329rwhp or something i cant remember off hand. but that should be good for a low 13 too. id be scared to run at the track with nitrous and no tune. Once you get the dyno tune you should be doing better.

yeah, thats NHLSV8.

I have ILLS's tune and I can retard timing if needed.

I just give it a little extra fuel... plugs are cheaper than engines :p as long as you give it enough fuel, theres really nothing to worry about. It costs time at the track, but you drive it home.

Did you just buy a N/A tune and pull timing? i think you would be a little on the lean side that way correct? unless you fatin up WOT? or i guess your fuel jets...

I believe he told me 11.5:1 a/f with nitrous and a 12.5 or so for N/A

yes, i use a larger fuel jet and set the sct tuner to 5% richer. it smells rich and it will stay that way until the wideband or dyno tune happens. i'm not sure what the actual numbers should be, that seems right though.

so with the 100 shot you pulled say 4-5 degrees at say 2000-4000RPM and 4000-8000?

I don't know what Rob set the tune at, but I retarded 2 degrees off of it to be safe (it didn't ping even with his tune untouched). I'm sure it's still more advanced than stock. I run 93 gas.

It's hard to get into the 13's with a 97MPH trap speed, ideally you want to be running 99-100mph that way you will do 13's with a low 2.1 or 2.0 60 foot time. My 98 LSC did 14.31 at 97mph with a 2.2 60 foot but it was on the limiter right after the 1000ft mark. I got a new tune now so hopefully with a better 60 foot and good weather I might be able to break into the 13's.

yea mine pings off idle and at high RPM... i already had to pull a degree just to get the ping away...but im running 91 octane

It's hard to get into the 13's with a 97MPH trap speed, ideally you want to be running 99-100mph that way you will do 13's with a low 2.1 or 2.0 60 foot time. My 98 LSC did 14.31 at 97mph with a 2.2 60 foot but it was on the limiter right after the 1000ft mark. I got a new tune now so hopefully with a better 60 foot and good weather I might be able to break into the 13's.

Well it does 98s. But I really expected 99-100 with the gears as I had a few 98 passes on stock gears, now just more often.

how does the nitrous jetting work? is it a set 75hp Nitrous and fuel jets and a 100shot nitrous and fuel jets and so on?

Jason, congrats on the new best time! It really wished to see that 4.10 mod to get you into the 13's. I was HIGHLY considering to get 4.10's in my LS just before I decided to get rid of it, but Im glad I didnt spend the money to do that.

I figured a new platform was the best way to go that can already hit in the 13's stock and then mod form there. Good Luck.

how does the nitrous jetting work? is it a set 75hp Nitrous and fuel jets and a 100shot nitrous and fuel jets and so on?

Theres a number on each fuel jet and each nitrous jet. Depeding on what size shot you want to run, and fuel pressure, you just look down the chart and pick that pair (pre-determined). You could either go down a nitrous jet size, or up a fuel jet size. I prefer the later but the other way might be safer. It's not a rediculous amount as often times the same fuel jet size is called out in the next shot size down. You can go in small increments (I think I have about 15 choices in my 75-125hp kit).

Well done.

I have to say that you racers have helped me tremendously. By reading what you have done and most specifically how you drive the car my driving keeps getting better.

thanks.

Jason, congrats on the new best time! It really wished to see that 4.10 mod to get you into the 13's. I was HIGHLY considering to get 4.10's in my LS just before I decided to get rid of it, but Im glad I didnt spend the money to do that.

I figured a new platform was the best way to go that can already hit in the 13's stock and then mod form there. Good Luck.

Yeah but what fun is that. LOL.

Driving the car is very different with the 4.10s though. Hard to imagine the timenot being better but thats how it goes.

Few more small things to do for next year to get there.

Yeah but what fun is that. LOL.

Driving the car is very different with the 4.10s though. Hard to imagine the timenot being better but thats how it goes.

Few more small things to do for next year to get there.

i guess you would have to compare the torque to the ground for each ratio. the stock gears spend a long time in 3rd gear, while 4.10's probably spend as much time in 4th as they do 3rd. the average torque to the ground may be lower for the 4.10's depending how long you're in 4th. For practical purposes, I also ignore your gearing advantage in gears 1 and 2 due to traction issues. Plus you have the extra time delay for the 3-4 shift.

5R55N
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Final
3.25 2.44 1.55 1 0.75 3.31
3.25 2.44 1.55 1 0.75 4.1

10.7575 8.0764 5.1305 3.31 2.4825
13.325 10.004 6.355 4.1 3.075

the bottom 2 rows show total gear reduction for 3.31's and 4.10's. I think this shows that you get most of your gains from gears on the launch, but you need the traction to get all of it.

Yeah it did become evident that have so much 4th gear time wasn't the best.

I used to finish redlining 3rd. I'm now done with 3rd at the 1/8th mile mark putting me in the 1-1 gear to finish the last 1/8th, really not a bad thing. The 3-4 shift is fairly weak though, to firm and I seem to get a bounce, to soft and it seems to take way to long. Bounce I believe to be the 1 Guibo I have left....poor thing. I typically don't look down when I cross the line but I think I'm around 5200-5300 when I finish which should be higher.

Maybe 4.56s would be better.

i guess you would have to compare the torque to the ground for each ratio. the stock gears spend a long time in 3rd gear, while 4.10's probably spend as much time in 4th as they do 3rd. the average torque to the ground may be lower for the 4.10's depending how long you're in 4th. For practical purposes, I also ignore your gearing advantage in gears 1 and 2 due to traction issues. Plus you have the extra time delay for the 3-4 shift.

5R55N
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Final
3.25 2.44 1.55 1 0.75 3.31
3.25 2.44 1.55 1 0.75 4.1

10.7575 8.0764 5.1305 3.31 2.4825
13.325 10.004 6.355 4.1 3.075

the bottom 2 rows show total gear reduction for 3.31's and 4.10's. I think this shows that you get most of your gains from gears on the launch, but you need the traction to get all of it.

Key #s here are the 5.1305 (3rd w/3:31s) vs. 4.1 (4th w/4:10s)

But comparing traps from 1/8th to finish before and after shows little difference. So I don't think its hurt anything. Just expected to see a mph gain line to the 1/8th, but its small if at all.

Heres some very unscientific data....

I took the 8 timeslips from last Sunday added and averaged mph.

Then took the last 8 timeslips from before the gear swap fall of 2007 and did the same. It was from 3 different days though.

I'm up .56mph in the 1/8th
And up 1.47mph in the 1/4.

When it comes to averages

The gears work, just need alot more passes. With them will come better 60s and times.

And I'm surprized to see more of the gain in the later half of the track but there ya have it.

Edit: Car was is exact same trim other than gears but how much gas I was carrying. I had over 3/4s tank last Sunday normally go to the track with 1/4. So I was about 50lbs heavier on Sunday than I normally run.

Great times........ Man........ this is the type of News that keeps me motivated to modify my car.......lol.......:D

Hey long time no talk, good stuff there. Glad to see your still runnin your LS hard at the track and the 4:10s helped you that much! Some drag radials would definately help, i was running 13.2 w/ my mustang and borrowed my friends drs and it got me down to 12.7. im sure you can get under 2.0 60' with those gears, just need to hook.

i miss my LS, but now i love the track even more! heres a vid of my fastest pass. its funny to watch that then my ls videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbVzLNZmOTY

u gonna get out to the track anymore or was that it for this year?

Members online

No members online now.
Back