Chip

95Marklll(Kingcobra)

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
What is the best chip for are marks? I would think it would be the LMS chip because they concentrate all there time on Lincolns. But is there a chip better out there? I think chips are one of the best mods u can do u get more hp and trq, better fuel economy, better shift points, better top end, everything is covered. Thanks......

95Marklll(Kingcobra) said:
What is the best chip for are marks? I would think it would be the LMS chip because they concentrate all there time on Lincolns. But is there a chip better out there? I think chips are one of the best mods u can do u get more hp and trq, better fuel economy, better shift points, better top end, everything is covered. Thanks......

a chip is only as good as what is on it.

That is very true, the quality of the chip depends on the tuner but SCT gives the tuner the most variables to mess with.

Geno, I have heard that with a bigger maf these cars tend to run lean. Would a chip compensate for that? What kind of discount would I get if I was a gold member?

I am very happy with my LMS chip.
It has just about paid for itself in the extra gas milage already.

MarkVIII93 said:
Geno, I have heard that with a bigger maf these cars tend to run lean. Would a chip compensate for that? What kind of discount would I get if I was a gold member?

thats what the whole thing about a maf is, you get your gains from leaning out the car. Your computer is reading the air as it were a stock size maf, but its not, you have more air with the same fuel, so you are going to be leaning out your a:f. Thats what gives you the power. I would guess the chip would help maximise this, but if you had the a:f back to regular, i would assume you would loose the power you would gain from the maf if it were just by itself, but you would gain more power from the advanced computer tuning in other areas from the other programs on the chip.

I thought it was just to allow more Volume through, and then you would need larger injectors....

If the hypertech tuner is anything like it is for the LS1's, it's garbage. With their "power tune" my friend lost 2mph at the track in his 98 LS1... stay away from Hyper tech programmers.

Geno will attest to that... Either get a chip burned from Geno or go with the Sniper tuning software for full adjustability!

I would recomend SCT and a good tuner. Get your car dynotuned by a SCT dealer. It's the only way to go. Unless you have a OBD2 car. Then you can use a SCT hand held tuner. I wouldn't buy a mail order type of a chip.

I would recomend SCT and a good tuner. Get your car dynotuned by a SCT dealer. It's the only way to go. Unless you have a OBD2 car. Then you can use a SCT hand held tuner. I wouldn't buy a mail order type of a chip.

How much does all that (sct and tuner) cost around? Also what do you mean by the "NO comment" about the Jetchip? Is there a programmer out there for a 95 Mark VIII? What ARE the options out there as far as chips/programmers/tuners for a 95 Mark VIII? Thanks ahead for all the replies to these questions! :D

A 95 Mark being OBD1 is fairly limited for tuning. There are many different options for tuning but I would recommend SCT. You will have to use a chip for your ecu and can get them with performance tuning from many different SCT dealers.

Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips, Torrie at Fast Parts Network, and Dennis at Reinhart Automotive are a few of the SCT dealers you can chose from.

I think the general consesus is that for an OBD1 the most effective chipping solution would be the LMS chip, i cant say for sure yet because i don't have it. But im planning on picking one up really soon and I'll let you know. From what everyone else has posted, they all seem happy with the results.

I think the general consesus is that for an OBD1 the most effective chipping solution would be the LMS chip, i cant say for sure yet because i don't have it. But im planning on picking one up really soon and I'll let you know. From what everyone else has posted, they all seem happy with the results.

I personally would go SCT... but that's me.

What would everybody recomend for just a plug and play(98 mark). I would love to get it tuned but I don't have time or money to

What would everybody recomend for just a plug and play(98 mark). I would love to get it tuned but I don't have time or money to. Ice been told the nearest place to tune it is on the other side of the state

What would everybody recomend for just a plug and play(98 mark). I would love to get it tuned but I don't have time or money to. Ice been told the nearest place to tune it is on the other side of the state

Any good tuning solution is going to cost some $$'s...

The cheapest plug and play solution would be a mail order tune that is put on an xcal3 from a tuner like:

Torrie at the fast parts network

Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips

Dennis at Reindhart Automotive....

Members online

Back