For Sale: 2006 Vivid Red Lincoln Ls

jgfish97

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Yep... It's that time. I've gone through two LS's and I loved both my vehicles. My 2006 has been my favorite vehicle of all the cars I've owned. But... A bigger house with land is the goal.

What should I ask for? Cash deal... :shifty:

2006 Lincoln LS V8 Sport (all '06's are V8)
SCT Xcal2, custom tunes
K&N Typhoon Air Intake System
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
Xetronic Digital HID Xenon Conversion Kit Fogs
'06 OEM HID Headlamps w/ Angel Eyes & Clear Turns
All Red Tails
'02 LSE Spoiler

Oil has been changed every 3000 miles with Royal Purple. As well as the K&N Filter being cleaned. I have two filters I've used. As well as TWO OEM HID VIVID RED Headlamps. I can part out with these items or sale with car. I also have a set of regular headlamps, not painted.

Thank you for everything that has been shared and ideas I've used. You guys were a huge help!

Surprisingly the value of our LS' have gone up slightly in the few months when I check on them through www.nadaguides.com.

Depending on your mileage, I ran mine and its (only an '03) with about 27,000 miles and its sitting at about 15k and some change...no kidding!

Now, Nada is what most insurance companies and credit unions use to determine the value of any car to determine its worth for lending money, insuring, etc. I find it more accurate than KBB. Some car dealerships even use it. Try running yours, see what you get.

Here is mine, hopefully the link works.
http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.aspx?LI=1-21-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=21&p=1&f=5014&y=2003&m=1202&d=690&c=16&mi=27000&o=542~91&vi=51122&z=78749&da=-1

I could get 9,100 for my 2000, not bad, considering i bought it for 11k in Dec 2007. ( just checked with the link above )

Hmm, I'd go for 22-23k, too high?

I always used NADA for trade in value, and guess what, its a big disappointment once you go to trade in. Their values are too high. The dealers dont even use Kelly Blue Book, which is much lower. They have their own Black Book that they go from which is even lower than Kelly Blue Book.

What 02 said. I was offered 10k for my car on a trade-in a coupla months ago.

Good luck with the sale!!

I bet it's even harder to sell the V8s even though the mileage is very similar to the V6. That's a beautiful car - good luck with the sale!

It's sad to see her go. But from that link, this is what I came up with.

$19,000 WHATTT!!!

I'm going to post pictures when I get her cleaned up. Then probably part out with everything. We'll see.

Thanks again guys.

Are you going to get another car? If so, print this out and play hardball with dealers, someone will bite espcially if you are more educated on your car and the car you are wanting to buy, don't let them haggle you on your car. I bet if I tried hard enough I could sell my LS for $15,000 but for now I like it and am not selling.

2007-08 Altimas are nice!

Sorry this is off topic. But I checked out that link. Said our cars come with air bag on/off switch Standard. If this is true, where is it?? Good luck with the sale. With gas at 4.50 a gallon I honestly did think of selling for about 2 minutes. But then I looked out the window at my beautiful car and the fact I don't drive far to work and it passed. =)

Sorry this is off topic. But I checked out that link. Said our cars come with air bag on/off switch Standard. If this is true, where is it??

The passenger seat (and driver's too) has a weight sensor in it that disables the airbag if the seat is empty or occupied by an object weighing less than 80 (or so) pounds. It is not possible to disable the airbag in the LS with a physical switch as it is in some cars.

This weight sensor is also used to control the seatbelt warning chime (beltminder).

jgfish:

Your car is beautiful! It's a shame you have to sell it. If I wasn't $5k upsidedown on my loan I would love to get into an '06. Unfortunately for you I have seen several 06 LS's with similar mileage advertised for $14-17k. Granted they did not have quite the options yours has, but nav and HID will only get you a couple grand more. I will say again, your car is beautiful! Vivid Red and Black are really the only colors I like on the LS. Good luck on your sale.

mind me asking what exhaust tips those are??? they stick out a little to much but i like there style...

n8bachelor: Thank you for the compliments. I'm going to miss her. She was sold today. $18,995.

Quik: Yep. That was her. She's gone now. I haven't logged in until now since I sold it today.

lincoln00: 4" tips. Yeah. They did stick out a little more than I wanted.

so is that it sitting at the dealer - or was it under consignment there?

Nice, good to know I could still get around 9500 for mine.

$18,995 is a nice price!

Where did you sell it?

here in winnipeg canada they are worth alot more... i can proly sell my 2002 lincoln ls for 15-18g's with my rims and stuff...... i got it for 11g's 2 years ago.... 06's here go for like 25-30k

time to export my car to Canada! lol

try it out you will get alot more... i always import car from the states damn you guys have cheap ass cars HAHAH.... its way to over priced here.... reasons why i would never buy a car from here. Maybe toronto but thats about it

Members online

Back