CEL Codes

Numba1usmarine

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2000 LS V6 96k Miles just got codes pulled and these are what i got P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161. What is the next step i should take to Fix these Problems?

P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
P0155 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit
P0161 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit

look to see if the wires are disconnected or burned.... if not replace with known good PART

Sure, at the cost of about $300. Or you can cut the bad parts out of the wires and crimp the ends back together and spend $1.99 on a pack of wire connectors. The you can spend the other $298.01 on fixing some other problem on your car.
icon14.gif

it is suggesting something is wrong with all four sensors....
P0135 HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0141 HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0155 HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0161 HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2

use - > http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp

it is highly unlikely something is actually wrong with all 4 sensors at once.

now that we know what the codes mean whats the next step that i should take to fixing this problems since your saying it is not likely that all 4 Sensor are out

what happen before the CEL come on... any really bad miss fires??? any exhaust work.. I'm betting bad cats and high mileage

check engine light EVER FLASH???

my guess - vacuum leak - most likely PCV elbow.

does it idle rough?

The codes seem to imply that the issue is with the heater circuit. Blown fuse maybe?

Manual says Fuse number 11 in the underhood fuse compartment is for the HEGOs (Heated Exhuast Gas Oxygen senors) might start there.
Relay number 3 in the same panel is also for the HEGOs as well as the COPs.

yea she does idle rough. The only time the CEL ever flashed was last year when it was storming bad out here and water must have gotten in the intake. The car was parked up for 7 mo while i was on deployment.

Just spoke to a Mechanic and hes saying that the coils are bad and i should just replace them all. Is he correct or is he just blowing smoke up my ass to make a quick dollar

The coils may very well be bad, but that has nothing to do with the failure of the heater circuit to the O2 sensors. Check the fuse as suggested. If not that then wiring and relay. If not that, then PCM.
If the engine runs badly all the time, then it may be one or more of the coils is also bad. You may or may not get check engine codes for those.

Now, you need to look closely at the wiring to the O2 sensors (all four) under the car. You may find that the insulation has been knocked or rubbed off of one of the wires somewhere, causing it to short out to the metal of the car now and then. Find and tape up that wire, or you may just blow the replacement fuse soon.

thanks for the help, i will take the car on base on saturday and put the car up on a lift and take a look at it, i will let you know how everything goes

ok so i took the car on base to change the coils after changing out the coils i bought another fuse popped it in and the CEL went away i drove all the way home without the CEL but as soon as i pulled in the driveway it came back on so i popped the hood check the brand new fuze and it was blown. what should i do now?

Members online

No members online now.
Back