What do you think about this ls?

Welcome!
that seems about right. $12,600 if its in excellent condition so dont hesitate to talk them down. at 52k, its still pretty young but you'll need to set some money aside for repairs- coils, valve cover gaskets, hub/bearings.

the only thing i like better about 03-06 is the extra 28 horse and electric fan, otherwise, you will find many on here like their gen 1's- and some people have both. that car looks like mine- inspect the chrome wheels and feel for vibration as these can be tough to balance if the chrome gets crappy where the center cap sits.

IMHO, that's too much for an '02. KBB trade-in excellent (which the dealer didn't give the previous owner) condition is $6025; private party purchase is ~$8200 and dealer sale is ~$10K. Personally, as it's a V6 I wouldn't pay more than ~$8K. You can get a low mileage '03-'06 (V8) in the upper teens to low 20's. Don't be fooled, the V6 gets no better mileage than the V8. In some cases, worse! I know, I have one of each.

the extra 28 horse
It's a V6. I think it only ups by 12 HP.

As far as a pros - it does actually have the premium package (can tell by the basket-weave parts of the seats), so it would have the Audiophile sound system and the sport suspension. It also has the all-season package (can tell by having heated seats) so it will have the AdvanceTrac stability control system instead of just traction control.

You can find a better deal, I got my 06 a year and a half ago for 21,000 in mint condition with 19.5k. So keep shopping around and you can get something nicer.

00-01 V6 - 210 hp
02 V6 - 220 hp
03-05 V6 - 232 hp

00-02 V8 - 252 hp
03-06 V8 - 280 hp

Keep looking, you can probably find something nicer for not much more.

I bought an '03 V8 with 52k miles for just under 13k. This doesn't seem like a good deal considering all the improvements made between 02-03.

I just picked up a '05 V6 with 47K, almost mint condition with new tires and brakes for 11K. This from a dealer, detailed and looking brand new. Used car market is weak, lot's of deals out there.

I just picked up a '05 V6 with 47K, almost mint condition with new tires and brakes for 11K. This from a dealer, detailed and looking brand new. Used car market is weak, lot's of deals out there.

Weak?? soisthe V-6 lol jk

That car is a non sport. Why would it have a sport package? And that is way to much. I just missed out on a 02 LSE with 55k and they wanted 8k for it. Nice car, and it was at a lincoln dealer. I paid 6k for my 2000 in june and it had 52k miles on it. Keep looking around they are out there, and I wouldn't pay over 9 for an 02

Just passed a lot near me here today with a nice lookin Silver 02 LSE.....14,999 on the window. Good luck with that. A LSE will get a few extra bucks if its an original but not that much..

in todays car market, as in september 16th 2008.

That car is worth 8000 on its best day.

You buy that car, and you will forever be upside down untill the day you pay it off.

i paid 2500 for my 2000 ls6 with 100k only thing i need was a new rad. and hood

Members online

No members online now.
Back