How many people want bodykits?

I believe Speed Demon has everything all set.. he's just looking to see if there is a market for the product...

I know Geno's experience is there are a lot of people who say "wow that's cool, I'll get one" but then they are nowhere to be found when the product is ready for purchase and you get stuck with the product.

If you really want Speed Demon to make these. I'd send him a PM and see where he's at. What he'll need to get this off the ground are about 2 or 3 guys who really want them and are ready to help him get this product off the ground.

So if you really want some ground effect PM Speed Demon and I'm sure that before Christmas you could be putting some nice ground effect on your Mark VIII.

I personally do not like body kits on the mark. To me they look a little ricy (is that even a word). I don't mind the rear spoiler and maybe the hood, but the sides to me look tacky. To me, it just looks like extra plastic stuck on that really serves no purpose. The front end on the black car looks ok, because it looks like it belongs there. Most kits dont.

Some people like em and thats ok.... I prefer a cleaner, non ricer look.

T

I think if we all put in some of our likes and dislikes and concerns to add to his research, we might have a fine product on the way. Be honest open with your opinions that way we can get the best product possible for the money.
When I was on my old ford focus forum Ford actually teamed up with us to make nice sport package for the 08 focus. For the first time they listened to the people who actually buy the product, and did'nt just throw something together and say it's this or go to chevy. My point is this guy has the resources and he is willing to listen to what we all think good or bad, we have seen what happens when the builders dont listen. you get something that only a few will buy and most people wont buy, lets just hope that this works out.

I think if we all put in some of our likes and dislikes and concerns to add to his research, we might have a fine product on the way. Be honest open with your opinions that way we can get the best product possible for the money.
When I was on my old ford focus forum Ford actually teamed up with us to make nice sport package for the 08 focus. For the first time they listened to the people who actually buy the product, and did'nt just throw something together and say it's this or go to chevy. My point is this guy has the resources and he is willing to listen to what we all think good or bad, we have seen what happens when the builders dont listen. you get something that only a few will buy and most people wont buy, lets just hope that this works out.

Good call. We won't all agree.... thats what makes it interesting.

man there is a lot of responses to this,this is what i would do, if you can get a 2000 grand am bumper all you need is the bottom part,cut the bottom of the pontiac bumper in half and extend it about 1-2 inches(i wish i would of extended mine)it will bring the bottom out further and fit a little better,mold it and sell it as a chin spoiler.ive had lots of people ask me to build them one,when i think about it,it wasnt that hard to do,when i built the one on my car it went really fast one weekend start to finish and painted.a all urethane bumper is the way to go just because fiberglass has very little give ,ive reshot mine twice because i let the wife drive it twice no joke she drove my car 2 times in about 2 years and each time she came home in tears, she drove up on a curb and cracked it then next one she hit a log on the highway,both times was a very hard hit and did very little damage but mest the paint all up,the log cracked the corner but it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be even though it is urethane bonded to fiberglass it held up very well.good luck on this and if i can be of any help just ask.

Looks like I'll be getting real busy soon. Thanks for all the ideas guys. I have a lot of people to talk with the next couple weeks regarding several different Mark projects. I'll keep you all informed as all these things progress. Keep up the suggestions. Thanks again.

For simplicity of installation and to ensure the part doesn't look as "add-on-ish"... I'd do an entire bumper replacement, similar to Geno's aero kit (Or the one the guy made himself... whichever the case may be, I'm not going to argue details... not my concern).

For simplicity of installation and to ensure the part doesn't look as "add-on-ish"... I'd do an entire bumper replacement, similar to Geno's aero kit (Or the one the guy made himself... whichever the case may be, I'm not going to argue details... not my concern).

x2

If you make the grand am bumper cover and make a mold and sell them I will buy it.... If you say ok ill send you 500 for it right now...

This is a good way to get this project off the ground and flying... if you could get about 2 to 3 of you who would be willing to chance this project and get it off and flying ....

I've talked with Speed Demon a bunch of times and he's serious on this project and really wants to get something going for you all. This is not a project for him to get rich just an idea with good support to offer LvC members a product that would make our Marks look good and also Speed Demon wants to make it something that anyone could afford.

So send him a PM if you are serious about wanting this project to fly. He's got a bunch of Ideas that you guys will love plus he's the kind of guy who will get this project flying.

Long story short. I love the body kits. I used to do custom fiberglass work. I got in touch with the guys I used to work with and they started their own company. I have access to 'borrow' an unistalled kit. They can make the molds, and reproduce the kits. I have another friend that can paint them. I have no cash.:D How many of you are actually interested in the kits? What price could you agree would be fair? Painted, unpainted. This has been stalled since spring and I need some $$$ and motivation. I don't need 20 people to start this, I don't need $10,000 dollars. Several people including myself with some start up cash would be good. I don't have cash to throw away so this will either work or I'll wait 'til I have extra cash laying around.......which could be a very long time.:( I'm very busy with family and work so I figured if I at least put this out here I could see what you guys think.

I'd be very interested in a Gen 1 version! :D

Here's a few pictures of my car with the body kit;

sta72169b.jpg

sta72155a.jpg

sta72149a.jpg

sta71178.jpg

Also an LMS kit, of course, but the side skirts were modified quite a bit and smoothed into the stock panels.

Black definitely works best it as the seams are less noticeable. On a lighter colored car it still looks cool, but not as sleek - ie the ivory Mark earlier in this thread. A toreador red car could probably pull it off well too.

If you were to make one with a different style front valance, I'd be very interested. That is my only real gripe with this kit. I love the back, though.

I wish there was a good looking Front for the GEN 1, that black one up there looks really nice too. I would love to own that kit.

With all the projects things are slow to start. Unfortunately work will be slowing down. Although, the good news is I'll have more time for the projects. I've schedualed time for the kits, we've been looking into different compounds. I wan't them to be as durable as possible. With massive speed bumps and frigid winters they'll need to be strong. I know many of you store your Marks so this won't be as relavant to some of you. Anyways things are still moving forward. It will end up being like the slow start at the top of a sled hill. I just want to have a good grip before we pick up speed. Save some of that Christmas coin, I have some surprises coming up too. I'll be contacting some of you that showed interest as things pick up. Those kits do look sweet.:D A little inspiration always helps too.:D Thanks again.

With all the projects things are slow to start. Unfortunately work will be slowing down. Although, the good news is I'll have more time for the projects. I've schedualed time for the kits, we've been looking into different compounds. I wan't them to be as durable as possible. With massive speed bumps and frigid winters they'll need to be strong. I know many of you store your Marks so this won't be as relavant to some of you. Anyways things are still moving forward. It will end up being like the slow start at the top of a sled hill. I just want to have a good grip before we pick up speed. Save some of that Christmas coin, I have some surprises coming up too. I'll be contacting some of you that showed interest as things pick up. Those kits do look sweet.:D A little inspiration always helps too.:D Thanks again.

Keep me posted!

Awesome! Keep us updated! I'd even buy a kit before I buy a mark! :)

does anyone know of dRock95MarkVIII's body kit on another colored mark? i would love to see more detail, and with the black its a little hard to tell.

Members online

No members online now.
Back