Anyone own an MKS yet

Yeah, I've heard you mark guys are easily confused :p

EEEwwww...
Just looked at one on the lot here in Bellevue...too big, too ugly...tooooooo tall...I'm not liking it.

My dad asked if I had looked at one...I said yes, and no way would I buy one. I then told him it is too huge, and he said I was nuts...he drives a Crown Vic...

According to Wikipedia the cars sizes are not that different:

Lincoln LS 193.3 in
Lincoln MKS 203.8 in

I do agree that the MKS looks a little to tall :D

The MKS is a sexy beast,I think it looks better than the LS.

medium_2548980660_761dc7b82d_o.jpg

medium_2548153365_38c7d239f4_o.jpg

medium_2548977538_0e1b778990_o.jpg

LeftFront.jpg

Dash.jpg

Yea no offense to you LS guys but the MKS looks amazing, then again I'm still using the family Town Car.

That's no fair in the comparison shots. The MKS has a fresh detail, appropriate lighting, and a lot better camera (and photographer). LS FTW!

I have yet to see it in person but I like it in the Pictures

Looked at one at the Dealer the other day. Excellent looking 4-door car. The front end looks especially cool. Can't afford a new one, will have to see what they go for in a couple of years.

saw a new MKS at the local lincoln Dealer in the Cinnamin color. WOW, its deffinatley evolved from an ls but is huge in comparison
i bet its 10 inches taller, got 20 more speakers, and extra moonroof is one wasnt enough and all sorts of awsome in it. if it wasnt 30 grand more than what i paid then i would think about one.

I saw an MKS last week at the dealer, got a wheel bearing replaced on my 04V6 LS. Didn't have time to test drive it, but my first impression of it was "too big", doesn't fit my style. Although the front grill is awesome. I'm not counting it out yet, I plan to take one for a ride soon, I'll spend more time evaluating it then.

10 inches longer wheelbase does make the MKS much larger than the LS, but its not suppose to be its replacement anyway. I'm pretty sure the MKS is intended to be the flagship after the Panther platform quietly disappears from dealer lots. While I don't think this car is a truely worthy successor to the Panther (notice I have yet to say towncar or continental. . . those names should remain on some lincoln, somewhere, someday) it is a very nice car; something we can all agree represents a step in the right direction for Lincoln, considering its a big car with unibody construction and a departure from "traditional" (whatever that means) Lincoln styling.

A more likely proper successor for the LS would be either a future form of MKZ (i'm thinking direct injection with compound boost) or, if we're lucky, something like the MKR we were promised at a car show a year or so ago.

Anyways. . . I think the MKS is simply drop-dead gorgeous. If only the interior had been just a little more riskay like that of the MKZ. . . . .

"If only the interior had been just a little more riskay like that of the MKZ. . . . ." How much are you asking for. I think its a bit more than the MKZ. the center counsel and roof is hardley anything less then riskay in my opinion. And I dont 100percent think that the ZEPHYR / MKZ replaced the LS but did take its place in the model line up. ls is 3 model years gone and its year 3 for the MKZ. MKS is bigger and likely to replace Town car. when was its last facelift? '95...... time to perfect perfection.

for now the MKS is the replacement for the towncar and the v8 ls, and the mkz/zypher is the v6 replacement. now ford is bringing out a new rear drive car "hopefully the MKR" but until that car gets here it is the MKS, i have seend the MKS and its a buitifull but i have yet to test drive it. the only way i will get into one is if they offer similar performance as my LS, yes the v6 mks alsmost matches it in horsepower but how about handling. im waiting for motortrend / car and driver to give a really detailed look at the MKS before its on my top 10 list to replace the LS.

does anyone know the bolt pattern and offset on those wheels?? they would look great o nmy ls

'95? Surely you're kidding. . .

The towncar recieved its most radical redesign ever (since it became its own moden in the early 80's) in 1998 and got a completely new interior and facelift in 2003.

All I'm saying is that the MKS should not be compared to the LS. Its a completely different car.

I saw my first MKS in person the other day. I must say she's really eye catching. Definitely stood out amongst the other cars she was next to in traffic.

yeah i saw one too couple weeks ago in chicago i was pretty much speechless the car look great!

i test drove a MKS and i was impressed, i have a 04 ls8 with the nav so it was a good time to compare, my LS has more torque of the line but the MKS is no slouch neither it is slower but it has a little punch, the interior is huge and i must admit better than my LS. The nav and microsoft sync feature is great especially with all the standard options that it brings. but even though it is a great car i like the sporty feel so for now its not for me granted this car dont ride like a towncar neither and it is extremely quiete. for us LS fans we should wait for the twin turbo even though i still think the LS will still handle better than that version but atleast you will have more power under the hood. in anyevent great car i almost traded for it.

I'd wait until the MKS + EcoBoost came out. EcoBoost is only supposed to cost $700 more, but you get 340hp + 340 lb-ft torque.

Members online

Back