meet in illinois area

F

FIRE666

thinking about getting something together in this area. have a lot of linc guys out here. never been to a meet so some thoughts would be good.

To get a meet together what you need to do is just set a date.. get about 3 to 4 members who say I am going to be there and do it.

Maybe more come maybe not but have fun post pics and then plan for another one later.

You need to give people enough time to plan. In a few weeks I'll be setting up the Christmas Party... yes the Christmas party... this way people have time to make plans to there schedules.

Good luck...

meet

hey k9, i have at least 3 guys that will come. Want to get guys from my town organized and get them to show some pride in ownership. We seem
to be from the same area so maybe we should work together toget something going. let me know your thoughts. I own 2 LSs right now so obviouly im crazy about linc.

Like Rich stated above, setting a time and date is very important. I will go pretty much anywhere to hang out w\ some LVC members.

check out the cordova thread, its the other side of the state, but il's skinny. its kinda lookin to be turning into a mini lvc meet

possible meet in central llinois

so i already have a party planned for sept 7 for a cookout slash keg slash huge tvs outdoors for bears colts game. if i can get some interest and some "hey ill gos" i would set a meet for that day. beers cars bears food cars and cars, cant go wrong. let meknow guys

sorry man, im going camping that weekend. most people on here need usually 2 months notice, at least i do, sometimes more

Biggest problem is trying to satisfy everyone. You need to just set a date and go for it. Otherwise you will be planning the meet for over a year and never have the meet.

Like I said. Pick a date... If only 2 or 3 show make it good. It's the next meet that will take off or errors made for the first can be fixed.

No matter what when you set up the meet someone will be bummed that they can't make it.

Also you need to give time for people to make plans. Remember this site is a national site and people live a good distance from each other. Most who will want to come are over 2 to 5 hours away. This takes time to put into a persons calendar.

As you can see a most of the posters so far already have plans. I do agree with Chicken that there is an IL meet planned already, that may be the way to go.

Also we will be having the Annual LvC Christmas Party in Early Dec. in Lombard, Villa Park IL area..

Btw how many people are you already expecting for your cookout slash keg slash outdoor hugh tvs for the bears colts game. You wouldn't want a bunch of strangers coming over to talk cars while your friend are trying to enjoy the game. At least I woudnt do that to my friends who aren't in the lincoln circle. Just my 2cents.

Biggest problem is trying to satisfy everyone. You need to just set a date and go for it. Otherwise you will be planning the meet for over a year and never have the meet.

Like I said. Pick a date... If only 2 or 3 show make it good. It's the next meet that will take off or errors made for the first can be fixed.

No matter what when you set up the meet someone will be bummed that they can't make it.

Also you need to give time for people to make plans. Remember this site is a national site and people live a good distance from each other. Most who will want to come are over 2 to 5 hours away. This takes time to put into a persons calendar.

As you can see a most of the posters so far already have plans. I do agree with Chicken that there is an IL meet planned already, that may be the way to go.

Also we will be having the Annual LvC Christmas Party in Early Dec. in Lombard, Villa Park IL area..

I agree with what mespock has said it takes time for people to see if they can make it to the meet. I live in Oklahoma and it takes me 13.5 hours driving time to get to the annual meet in Boscobel, WI every summer. Good luck with your meet. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back