Window Down!

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Drivers side window is all the way down and stuck there. Passenger side works. I've got the door panel off right now, looks to me that the window is still on track. Could the motor have went? They are power windows. How would the motor come out if that beine greatg the reason it doesnt work?
Any help would be great, I have to work in a couple hours and down want to leave my window down while im there. THANKS>

I found a window motor at the junkyard for 50 bucks. Im gonna pick it up. Just need the how-to on changing it.

I think you can get new motors for less than $50! Anyway, if I recall it riveted on. :( You may try to replace the gear assembly first if you can still hear the motor run.

no rivets its just 3 screw and it drops out. Unplug it plug in the new one, align the 3 screw holes up and put in the top screw loosely to hold it in place. after that get it lined up with the teeth on the window track the hold it there and place in the other two screws then tighten down and test it.

I just did mine two weeks ago

I took the motor off and tested it, hooked it up to a battery. Both up and down are working. What else could it be... How do I check that the gears are all working and window is on track?

Nothing looks wrong with the switch. All the points of contact are clean.I dont really know what could be wrong in the switch. I dont know! uhgh!

The gear is bad - they are 3 nylon bearings kits are $20 just be sure to clean all the old grease out that has all the debris from the destroyed ones and repalce with fresh grease.

get a pair of vice grips and hold on to the gear on the window motor, and hit the switch. if you can hold the gear from moving easliy then its worn out on the inside. they just have cheap plastic gears on the inside of them that just wear out over time.

Members online

Back