Well everyone, the enebitable has happened.... BLEW the motor.

Damn man. This is bad. I have been thinking that it seemed is if your setup went in quick and man...

Sorry to hear about it dude. After all that work I hope you plan on doing something to rebuild or drop in a new motor.

Yeah..... not sure yet. Im having mixed emotions about the whole thing.

Cam I gots to tell ya, after talking to you aout your set up and everything, I am truely saddened to hear this. I dont know about 10K for a new motor, but I think with all the blood sweat and tears in your LS you need to fix her.

There's a brand new 0 miles gen2 V8 motor on ebay right now for 2750. Looks like someone already posted a link to it up above though.

Cam I gots to tell ya, after talking to you aout your set up and everything, I am truely saddened to hear this. I dont know about 10K for a new motor, but I think with all the blood sweat and tears in your LS you need to fix her.

If Im going to rebuild it.... Im REALLY going to rebuild it.

If Im going to rebuild it.... Im REALLY going to rebuild it.

Go big or go home. You are correct in that a custom rotating assembly build for these engines will cost around 7-10k depending on what components are used and who does the work.

Then just keep the boost low until the tranny can be built and turn the wick up and put down some serious power.

TTIWWP!!! :D
Where's the hole in the block? :p
hehehe no I'm jk.

Sorry to hear it man. Sometimes siht happens. Did it die right away or did it keep on running after it threw whatever it threw?

Cam---
Absolute bummer!!!
If you like, call me this PM, and we'll explore alternatives.
734 306 6362
KS

just get a used motor. they run between $700 to $1000. only takes about 5 hours total to swap one. im on my third motor. drop another one in run it hard blow it up

just get a used motor. they run between $700 to $1000. only takes about 5 hours total to swap one. im on my third motor. drop another one in run it hard blow it up

First off, where are you getting the motor for that price. Secondly, The Mitchel program said 16 hours to swap motors. Let me know.

First off, where are you getting the motor for that price. Secondly, The Mitchel program said 16 hours to swap motors. Let me know.

maybe thats why hes on his third hahahahaha JP Bmx

i agree with really building it and definately go big or go home. Get with CammerFE on this.... also get with myself and ILLS. Its no secret I plan on going really big! Might be able to get some discounts on ordering more than one set of billets......hmmmmm :rolleyes: something to think about :coughs ROB coughs:

First, a moment of silence for that first motor. We have to keep perspective here. . .

OK, now throw that piece of scrap away and build something incredible :D

.... enebitable?!? Come on, thats not even close...

Perhaps he was quoting Kim?

kim.jpg

Oh....and this is what you should do with your blown motor if you can't rebuild it!!

engine-block-coffee-table.jpg

really sorry to hear that....

I just posted a congrats in your other thread, only to read this one later.

It sucks, but chin up. You got to a point where only a few have got to. No one was hurt, it only takes a little oil to dump onto the road for a big mishap.

Actually, making one of those would almost be worth buying a blown mill... :cool:

I know!! It'd be so cool to have one of those. I just have to sneak it into the basement and then say "What? That old table? Oh, I've had that forever!! Surprised you've never noticed it before, dear."

Camthman, Dude...go big or go home is exactly the best option you you right
now...meaning, do a 4.6 swap with a better tranny...start over with
something that's sure to give you more power which I know you want and
still would be driving your LS which is also another thing I know you would
want too......

Members online

Back