04 Lincoln LS - Just got windows tinted and...

lincolnls04

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got windows tinted. I have noticed on the back two small passenger windows and on the back windshield what looks to be like a rim outlining the window tint as if the film didn't cover over the "small black circles" that are part of the 1 inch black border around the glass... This is hard to explain... But what I am trying to figure out is if I just got a poor window tint job or if this happens on others as well.

This link should go to a picture of it... You may have to highlight the entire url and copy in a new window.

http://www.slide.com/s/mq9KHw4X7z-IYi_2z8YhSQYNS3SNtjx9?referrer=hlnk]
6XNHnqgx5z_RMsMxHitUR-b08xsFbljE.jpg

I have been told it's Teflon, I am not sure if this is true. Maybe someone can back that up.

my windows have the same thing, its just how the tint goes on, mine are professionally done as well and you will notice a similar thing on most cars if you look closely

Yeah that happened to my tint too. I wonder what those black circles are for?

I have a scratch on the inside of my passengers side back window, any way to get it removed without replacing the entire window?

those little black dots are too thick for the tint to conform to and still stick to the glass in between the dots, air gets trapted around them and there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. the good news is that you dont have a 6 inch strip across the top of the wind shield like a caviler of mustang, they look so bad its better to just not tint them. the only way i have found to get around this is to mask off the center of the window up to the edge of the dots and use a black spray paint to "fill in" the space between the dots and then take it in to get tinted, we had to do this on one of my coworkers pony's. the person that is doing the tint just has to be careful not to scratch it when putting the tint on and it looks gravy when done. it was a lot of work to cover EVERYTHING in the car as to not get over spray on anything but if you would have seen it with just the tint on, you would agree that it was worth the work. however in the ls that 1/4 - 1/2 inch outline was not worth the trouble because of how many windows had to be done.

I have a scratch on the inside of my passengers side back window, any way to get it removed without replacing the entire window?

is the scratch in the tint or the glass? if it is in the tint you pretty much have to get the whole window re-tinted, some people are good enough with a razor that they might be able to just replace a strip between the defroster lines but that is usualy very hard to do right. (match the tint, and it has to be cut PERFECTLY) if the sctatch is in the glass you can go the autozone and get a windshield chip kit to fix it

a friend of mine had a small scratch in his tint, he brought it back and said that it was under warranty, this particular tint shop had some sort of pen or something that they used to fill in the scratch, it worked perfectly and he never had to pay at all. so if your tint has warranty on it i suggest going back and looking at that option, if not just phone around and look for the pen thingy, for lack of a better term

Members online

Back