cooling fan

bfrantz96

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make a kit to convert the hydraulic cooling fan over to an electric unit?? I hate the hydraulic fan.

i think the initial reason for that was that they thought that would require too much power and that the electrical system had enough potential load. so instead they rob the horsepower to run it.

i have not looked into this at all but i would be interested as well. saving a little weight, freeing up some space. i would guess you just need power and a relay. use the existing lead to signal the fan to come on. that and mounting which should be pretty easy. i'd have to look at the belt layout but you might be able to remove the pump/pulley and throw a smaller belt on.

i didnt see any posts about the swap

i've thought about electric fan setups, but never looked into it either...it would be nice tho...wonder how much power you would get back?.....

correct - they upgraded the alternator on the Gen2s to deal with the electric fan. With that said - someone here just recently did this - after working on a fan/pump issue for a while.

well my mechanic said he was going to convert the thing today being that the hydroic was a p.o.s.

Members online

Back