Time 2 Sell.. need a little help.

dtx01

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
yea it's a sad day but a new chapter in my life. I'm going back to school to become a Radiology Technician which is a 2 yr program 40 hours a week with no winter or summer breaks. This program will not allow me to work as much as I would like and with the economy as is I'm struggling to float. So my $400/mo car payment must go. I need to get into something a lot cheaper and to get me back and forth to school everyday.

The car is a 2003 Black Lincoln LS v8 fully loaded with 30k miles in pristine condition. This car also has a fully warranty on it for as little more then 4 1/2 more years or when it hits 100k miles.

I currently owe $18,966 on the car. I'm curious if you guys can give me an approx sellers value of the car. I'll post a few pics and some info. about it. kbb is giving me a private party value of merely 13k and dealers value of 16k. are these accurate or do you think i can get more?

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

for more pics please check out my garage..:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1394

Here's what I have done to it.
-Black Lincoln Chromed Emblem Front License Plate
-Polished chrome license plate frames
-Hoen Xenonmatch 9145 Fog Lights
-04'+ LSE Chrome Grille
-M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler

electronics [all electronic to be taken out and sold or kept]
-Sirius Satellite Radio [Sportster Replay]
-iPhone Hookup
-Prestige Alarm System w/ Remote Start
-12" Kicker Solobaric L5 [1200peak/600rms]
-1500W Phoenix Gold Octane R 15.0:1 Monoblock Amp

engine/brakes/suspension
-SCT Xcal2 Tuned by Torrie [to be taken and and sold separately]
-Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 1" Drop Front / 1.1" Drop Back
-K&N 57 Series Aircharger Intake [to be taken and and sold separately]
-Power Stop Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-Power Stop Extreme Street Brake Pads [Front+Rear]
-Black Painted Stock Calipers

I'm probably going to part it out as much as i can. the Xcal, intake, sub/amp, & satelite radio are all coming out and to be sold separately.

Any help would be greately appreciated. Thanks.

Good luck with trying to get more. I was offered 10k by a dealer for mine a month ago. no thanks. lol

Best of luck with the sale!!

You are in the same boat as most of use. This car depreciates so fast you cant keep up. You will definitely lose just to get rid of it. That is why my LS is still here. I do have her up on Autotrader for $14K so maybe someone in my area will bite. I wont try the dealers because right away they see $$$$ signs because of the V8 and gas prices.

You'll be upside down on that sale for sure.

I hope you have some cash for a down-payment if you decide to trade it in. My car has less miles on it and fully loaded and I was offered 13K for it by Nissan and a little less by Infiniti.

Good luck.

The trade in value is awful on these...yet the dealers are still selling them for over 20K.

probably not going to be able to sell so im gonna keep on to the parts. if i get an offer for 19k (that will never happen lol) i would sell the parts.

You are better off keeping it. Im in the same situation. I owe 13,500 right now, and I went to trade it in to get a 4 banger and guess what, they only wanted to give me 6 grand for it, and my car is in perfect shape, and it only has 65,000 miles on her. So I said no thanks and decided to keep her. What i did was I bought a 99 beetle so im driving that to save on gas.

I'm 12k upside down, so needless to say I am keeping it and keeping my fingers crossed it gets stolen!!!

You're gonna be upside down by a couple grand on that one. NADA says clean Trade in value at $14,900 for that year and mileage. http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.aspx?LI=1-21-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=21&p=1&f=5014&y=2003&m=1202&d=690&c=16&mi=30000&o=91&vi=51122&z=22901&da=-1

Id say your best bet is to try and sell it on your own. You could probably get $16,500 for it if you try hard enough. Ultimately its up to you to decide what to do, but if you really want to ditch it, be prepared to either shell out some cash to pay it off, or get a bigger loan than what you need for the new car to cover what's left over from the old loan.

I'm 12k upside down, so needless to say I am keeping it and keeping my fingers crossed it gets stolen!!!

How does it help you if it gets stolen? You still have to pay for it. And insurance sure wont be too willing to cover the amount of the loan. They give you what the car is worth.

na idk my brothers 30 was stolen and the insurance (gecio) paid off whatever he had left. Its if you get ino an accident I think that they only pay what the car is worth

Members online

Back