driver seat plastic back plate

nortyhat

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i was wondering if anyone have the plastic back plate for sale for the driver seat i have black leather and the plastic plate is black. so does anyone know where i could get it. thanks

If the clips are broken and the seat back keeps falling off. You can repair it pretty easy. The top two clips break and you can epoxy metal "L" brackets in place. Use a metal screw to attach them while fitting them properly. After they are positioned then leave the screw in place and epoxy or JB Weld the screw and metal bracket to the seat back. Try a search. Someone has posted pictures before and a description of what they did.

I used an adjustable steel dowel rod from Lowes, I think it was in the ceiling/roofing area. The rod fits perfectly and almost snaps in place from the back panel onto the metal rods (in the middle) in the interior of the back of the seat. I just used two metal tapping screws and screwed the seat back, below the top of the pocket - so the screws are only noticeable when looking down into the pocket, to the rod. Although, the seat back is not as tight and flush as the factory clips, it still looks good with no gaps.

If the clips are broken and the seat back keeps falling off. You can repair it pretty easy. The top two clips break and you can epoxy metal "L" brackets in place. Use a metal screw to attach them while fitting them properly. After they are positioned then leave the screw in place and epoxy or JB Weld the screw and metal bracket to the seat back. Try a search. Someone has posted pictures before and a description of what they did.

I actually posted how i fixed my seat back and posted pics, it worked great for me, here's the link, hope it helps you...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=41935

That's the one!! Thanks again for reposting that! I think it's good enough to be placed permanently in the repair section!! The pictures are really helpful.

Members online

Back