New Here!

ecarlcl

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. After years of drooling on them I finally picked up my LS on Friday. It's an 02 V8 with 68000 miles. Judging by the 17" wheels I think its the premium trim level. I already love the hell out of it.

lincoln1.jpg

lincoln2.jpg

lincoln3.jpg

It's already acting like its got a bad coil or just needs a set of plugs. You can feel it misfire when you get on it and if you get after it enough it'll throw a #6 misfire code. Started happening when I was driving it home. I understand the coils going bad is common on these. Being the son of a Land Rover technician, nothing automotive is ever simple. :D

I think smokey smoked too much this time lol, that's an 01-02 console.

Looks nice man, wash it!

Also you got those special seats with lincoln logos on the backs and different type of leather in the center, those are rare.

Welcome, you got the lucky center console. The one some of s 1st Gen owners desire most since it dont have the flip out cup holder ( just thought I would explain lol! )

I thought the Sport came with the 17's?

Those wheels may have been an upgrade the original owner wanted? Or maybe it's a sport LS with chrome on the bumpers and no SST? On a second note, wooden shifter and steering wheel.

Yea, I think the premium whatever package came with 17s and well naturally sport came with 17s.

If the premium came with 17's then thats not a sport with crhome bumpers. Look at the side markers.

You will find we can be very observative here...lol!

2 gen have electric emergency brake with a switch, no pull handle, and the cup holders are in a straight line.
Not to mention the fact that the shifter surround is rectangular instead of oblong, and sits proud of the console instead of being inset...

Either way, it's a nice find. Ignoring the understandably dirty exterior, it looks like it's in very nice condition.

I have an '02 Sport with the same console and chrome rims. I love the mats!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Sounds like it's a lot rarer than I thought.

Yeah I realize it's dirty in the pics I'll snap a few for you guys when its clean. Just haven't had a chance to detail it yet like I want. Do you guys have any soap/wax recommendations?

I find myself developing new habits to make sure it stays as nice as it is. I've already told everyone that there will be no eating in it. And I park to avoid the possibility of door dings. I've never had something with this good of a body on it.

How can I tell what trim level it actually is? The previous owner didn't know.

Welcome aboard.
Everyone is right, it needs to be washed, and washed often. Doesnt matter as much what you use, just that you use it...after all, this is a Luxury car!!...:D

my interior is identicle, as well as exterior chrome. all of my seats have a woven type leather in the center butt and lower back, with the lincoln logo at shoulder blade level (front and back seats).
did we figure out what the official trim name is? :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back