Just Put in 04 Angel Eyes with HID

I agree, I certainly don't expect perfection in color matching, expecially when they don't have the actual vehicle there to match it to. But if it's an entirely different color, then that's a mistake.

God I love the High beam shroud on the 03+.

Where did you get the 2K poly paint ? I have been wanting to paint the bumper chorme strips and the rear license surround also.

You can order color matched paint from paintscratch.com.

I just ordered 3 aerosol cans of primer, base coat and clear. I'm planning on painting my chrome strip too, as well as my headlights (plus i have a few scratches in need to fix)

Hey Bluels, I've checked that site out before, But I have a compressor and spray gun, so pianting is not the problem, its the 2 stage paint and the time frame with no real spray booth to work in. But hey thanks for thinking of us.

Very nice! Too bad you can't see how good they look while you're driving it! (i guess pull up behind shiny vehicles as often as possible ;) )

We didn't discover that 1 was HID and the other Halogen until they had them apart.

This sentence is very intersting to me...
So you have one factory HID housing and one halogen housing with an HID kit, correct? What's the cutoff pattern look like on the halogen housing vs. the HID housing? I would think that they would look different...

Awesome point justin. This might put to rest that argument!

So you have one factory HID housing and one halogen housing with an HID kit, correct? What's the cutoff pattern look like on the halogen housing vs. the HID housing? I would think that they would look different...

I've only driven the car after daylight once since I got this done so I haven't had enough time to evaluate things.

Now that I know where and how to cut the lights apart I'll do this myself with my original Halogens who's warm light I actually like more than what I've seen with the HIDs so far.

Is that an 02 ww skirt kit cuz ive been trying to find one for my 04

It's an 02 ww kit that I modified the front airdam and rear valence to fit.
Part of it has to be trimmed and then some part built up as these pics show.
On the rear the holes have to be cut with a dremel tool for the straight 03+ exhaust tips which also need to be extended about 2 inches.
The side skirts are the same and replace the factory plastic rockers.

100_1970.JPG

100_1972.JPG

100_1978.JPG

100_1987.JPG

100_1988.JPG

100_1989.JPG

100_1990.JPG

100_0150.JPG

100_0151.JPG

100_0147.JPG

100_0148.JPG

100_0149.JPG

100_2057.jpg

100_2055.jpg

You also have to cut the front air dam like in the pics where it meets the fenders so it will clear the front valence which ends slightly differently where it meets the wheelwell than the 02 model.

100_1973.JPG

100_1975.JPG

There's some more pics of the WW kit in the Post Pics of your LS post from a week or so ago.

WOW!!!

I came on tonight looking for this thread... I kept thinking, "I wonder if 04SCTLS got his lights in yet."

You didn't mention if Lightwurkz gave you some kind of refund for painting your lights baby blue. I know if my lights came back and wasn't even close to my color, I'd be pissed.

Great looking LS w/ some awesome lights.

I think Anatoliy said they did your lights jgfish97

The pic of my headlight sitting on the trunk lid shows how blue it was with the next pic showing the bezel repainted by me in a matching green.

I didn't ask for a paint refund because I'm 50 and extremely well off. Ya I was p i s s e d but let it go.
Now that I saw where they cut them I learned to do this myself and it's not hard at all. I ordered an extra set of rings so if a ring was to fail I could change it out myself.
Therefore I did get something out of the situation.

I'm gonna paint the bumper chrome and remove my fender vents today.
Probably have to heat up the 2 way tape and be careful not to scratch things.

Good job with that kit.

What about that chrome around the fender? Are you leaving it?

Would it look better if you just took off the chrome bumper trim, filled it in, smoothed it out, and spot painted over it? Seems like you might have had some practice with that kind of stuff from doing the kit.

Good job with that kit.

What about that chrome around the fender? Are you leaving it?

Would it look better if you just took off the chrome bumper trim, filled it in, smoothed it out, and spot painted over it? Seems like you might have had some practice with that kind of stuff from doing the kit.

I took the wheelwell and rocker chrome off. It was just the stick on stuff.
As to filling in the bumper trim, the car came with color matched and I had the chrome trim put on when I bought the car a year ago. It's only plastic.
I'm just gonna paint it and the black part of the headlights today.
Too much work to fill it in and refinish for slight gain.

I think it would be major but thats me. Dint listen to me anyway:D . I don't like body kits that have not been filled in and puttied and painted to the car either:D. The cars looking good anyways and I know I would like to see it finished.

Good luck!

Ok,
I painted the chrome bumper trim and the black one headlights at the plant today.
Like a half eyebrow.
I like it better than a full eyebrow.
AND....
I finally took the fender vents off.
Used a painters plastic 10 X 20 drop sheet for the overspray.
Here's some more pics although I'm thinking of getting the all red LSE tailights from Ken.
What do you guys think...

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

Wow, came out real nice. Thanks for removing the fender vents. Great job man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin00LS
I've only driven the car after daylight once since I got this done so I haven't had enough time to evaluate things.

Have you gotten around to comparing them yet?

and the painted chrome looks great! :)

Have you gotten around to comparing them yet?

They seem very identical in color and pattern.
The signatures on my garage wall look the same too.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.
It's good to get the car finished though I'll probably get the all red LSE tailights as a last touch.

Members online

No members online now.
Back