Ls Vs Charger

I cant see a 300c beating a mach 8 or a 5.0 ( I may be wrong ) but if it did then it will kill your car.

300C with the hemi will take you out the dig and you'll close down distance the quarter but the Hemi will still take you out. if i'm not mistaken the 5.7 runs around 14 flat stock. i'm a big fan of the 300c... got to drive one with the 5.7 a few times its got a lot of get up and go.
and a stock 5.0 would be a tight run. 5.0s get fast because they have all the aftermarket support in the worllllllld

Oops!

But ahh can a LS really take a 5.0? I dont really think so.

A 5.0 what? You do realize that an early nineties Mustang GT 5.0 is only 205 Hp right? And that the Lincoln Mark VII also had the 5.0.

Man, if you can't beat those with a V8 LS (stock for stock) then its time to replace your coils and do a tune up! Lol.

For some stupid reason I was thinking of the Mustang Machs and like a dummy I didn't even catch up on the 8 part.

lol, I didn't know the coil thing was such a problem till I came here but after seeing so much about it I realized it is. I had the replaced and just thought it was a fluke.

My car runs great! I'm not a Mustang fan but I thought the 5.0 had a bit more than that seeing on how everyone around here is all about them, that and the power to weight ratio against the LS ( I know the LS is only around 4,000 lb's ) along with the fact of not realizing it had such low HP.

Yeah I also know it has more aftermarket support than any car in the world.

I rephrase that to I didn't really think so. My mistake.

225hp for the 87 and up Mustang
225hp for the 88 and up Mark VII

Not a huge difference, but just wanted to clear that up.

I know what you are saying there NYC! Different cars had different versions of the 5.0 But, didn't they end up re-rating down to 205hp for the Mustang GT? Thats what i have read here and there. (on the net and in my car books) When i said 205 HP, i was referring specifically to the early nineties GT.

This is the one i was referring to:

http://www.mustanggt.org/93gt.htm

Yes, they made some minor changes to it, but more importantly, they changed the way they rated engines. That would mean (in my eyes anyway) that the earlier 225HP engines aren't really what they claim to be. (maybe that 215 figure you just came up with is what the 225s would be under the newer rating system)

96-98 mustang GT ran mid 15s.... 01 LS with 20's runs 15.4 all day. You should be able to pull a 5.0 in anything so long as its still stock. I raced a 300M (pretty sure only the Ms had hemis) and walked him like nobody's business on the high way. from a dig, he might have you but I'm quickly learning the LS is second to very few from a highway roll!

A problem I had in the past was wheel spin off the line and I got smoked by a lot of different slower cars off the line.

Once I put the LSD and 285 wide tires on my car, I can just jump on the gas pedal and take off the line no matter what and get traction and take out cars I wasnt able to beat before. Its all in the driver and small mods you can make.

Good job. I'm not worried about some of those chargers but I also just don't find any purpose in racing with a LS.

The strip is cool, but just not a street racer. I know sounds funny why one but not the other but hey some people just have opinions:) .

Wassup guys.. I just came across this topic and figured i would add a little input since i do own a 300c with the 5.7.
-I remember someone saying something about the MDS being slow to kick over .. personally i can't tell when it is kicking over it is as smooth as can be.
-The V6 3.5 models are really slow and an LS will easily take one out very easily as shown by that video.. even more so the 2.7.
-The stock 5.7 300c's are decent but not the fastest thing ever.. definitely night and day compared to my 2000 LS in stock form. As for my car, i ran a 9.2 in the 1/8 with an intake only when i first got my car. That would equate to approximately 14.3 on the 1/4 which is ok. I then tuned it and went from the previous 9.2 to an 8.72 on the 1/8th which would equate to approximately a 13.5. All this was done on stock tires with decent traction. I know i have at least an 8.5 in the car if i get drag radials since i am trapping at 83 mph on the 1/8. Personally i don't think that is too bad for a 4200 lb family car. 12's are coming real soon all motor. One big problem most 300c owners have is the launch. I pretty much have to gradually ease into the throttle if the track isn't prepped fully and my best 60' on street tires is a 2.032.

I would agree that the 5.7 is not the fastest car on the road (especially compared to the srt8) but there isn't very much that would blow you away on the street running low 13`s so it keeps me happy. check my video out. http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee205/06_300_c/?action=view&current=300CMOVIE.flv

JACE (sorry for the long post)

Members online

Back