Removing Resonators - Sound?

TrickVert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have before/after clips of a V8 with the resonators removed? I'd like to open up the sound a little, but don't want to get too loud. (I have the Mustang for that.)

Thanks in advance.

Andy

I have the magnaflow cat back w/o resonators. There is a link in my signature. I also have another video on my profile with the resonators.

I have the magnaflow cat back w/o resonators. There is a link in my signature. I also have another video on my profile with the resonators.

So how much of a difference would you say there was when you removed the resonators?

I'm not planning to go the full Magnaflow route, just looking for a little throatier/muscular sound without ruining the "luxury performance" feel. I'm thinking that the factory mufflers w/o resonators might do it, but removing the "tuning" effect of the resonators could make it sound horrible instead.

Andy

I like the sound it produced. It made it a little deeper, nothing raspy or nasty. It was just a little deeper.

I run 40 series flows with resonators and I think mine is raspy at high rpm...I was hoping removing them would fix it.

I remember reading a post by someone (i forget who now) and they said they didn't really notice any difference removing resonators on a stock exhaust.

Members online

No members online now.
Back