Wanted: Painted Caliper Pics

lexdiamondz10304

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
:D Ordered a bunch of stuff... ss lines, cross/slotted rotors, sprint springs, sport shocks, sport swaybar, and those damn ball joints,... so im looking for ideas and input on what paint is best for caliper paint... :D

My experience with caliper paint, used VHT flaked off in less than 1 year..:mad:

g2usa.com

got black to match my car.

also got caliper decals from vinzdecals.com

did all of this last weekend. Looks good!

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Look at my cardomain pics below. Mine are painted red

same here, link below! painted red or check my gallery

Can't go wrong with red

Duplicolor.... got it at Autozone. Just gotta be careful when reinstalling the original rims... there is barely any room between the back of the rims and the front of the caliper, especially if you replace the brake pads at the same time.
20's
20s_closeup.jpg
17's
new7.JPG

20s_closeup.jpg

new7.JPG

I always felt that painting stock calipers RED scream "LOOK AT ME!! I HAVE SMALLISH STOCK CALIPERS" vs the Brembo calipers which state "I HAVE EXPENSIVE HIGH PERFORMANCE BREMBO CALIPERS. DON'T HATE".

And I feel that black is very sedate. Almost imperceptible from more than a few feet away. I've gone the route of cleaning, wirebrushing down, and re-spraying with hi temp chrome (which actually comes out to be just a very bright, clean, silver color) to be what works best for me. Adds an overall "clean" look to the entire area

I painted mine the same matching Vivid Red color as the body. Got the paint from PaintScratch.com and sprayed on 2 coats of base, plus 2 coats of clear. No problems after 30,000 miles of hard use.

BrakeF.jpg

Spring.jpg

Yeah, I didn't want to have the color where it's, "LOOK AT MY RED CALIPERS ON MY BLACK CAR!"

If you don't put red emblems, or if you car isn't red, then I think it just looks off. Just my 2 cents.

So I went with the black. No regrets

Flat Black Caliper and Grey Base

l_08c32c576e5865ce41e452e0ddf7fd04.png

------------------

FYI.........

That's a passenger side slotted rotor installed on the drivers side.

Should be like this - this is a passenger side with a passenger side slotted
rotor. Easy mistake....

P5140096.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back