The PLACE to get lower ball joints

livelifefreely

LVC Member
Reaction score
Recently I purchased a set of lower ball joints from Euromarque and had them installed yesterday. The mechanic said the job was very easy and felt confident that the ball joints would provide quality dependability. The auto dealer originally said I would need to buy two control arms and with labor would cost me $1100.00. After the purchase of the ball joints and labor I paid a total of $210.00. Anyone needing to replace theirs, I highly recommend giving Ed from Euromarque a call. He did a great job handling my purchase. He provides free shipping to all members of LVC.

Euromarque
281-656-2553

That's GREAT to hear. I will be purchasing some soon, I just have to find a shop that will put my new ones on.:cool:

$m0k3LS

This IS good news BUT it's only for the 2000-2002 non-sport LS cars. He says they fit the early sport models but check your cars listing carefully. When he first started selling these I e-mailed him to see if the were the 14mm or 16mm studs. They are the early 14mm version. Hopefully he can expand the application! Different stud diameters is the only difference I can find? Any one know any other differences?

there are no other differences besides the diameter. of course i'm only talking about gen1. i'm sure they probably changed something for the 2nd gen

:( Rats, I just ordered the two front knuckles from Team Ford to have mines replaced. I might have to send them back when they get here and go this route. That'll save me over $500 for the two parts.

euromarque Thanks for the update!! It is great some of this stuff is coming out. Really helps with the cost of keeping the car up and running.

Just got mine...

I just got my set in the mail today. I was a little nervous about the mm talk so I took off the nut and crawled underneath the car and it fits on the old ball joint, so I assume that it is correct.

My LS interior is the same as livelifefreely's (but is a 2000). I am guessing I have the non-sport, but not sure after reading the many posts on this topic.

this mught be a silly question, but how do you know if the ball joints need to be replaced? What symptoms or signs should I look for before replacing them?

this mught be a silly question, but how do you know if the ball joints need to be replaced? What symptoms or signs should I look for before replacing them?

the was i knew my joints needed replacing

1: my mechanic told me :rolleyes: , lol
2: when i was turning my steering wheel they were squealing
3: when my mechanic had my car on the lift, he pushed up on my wheels and they had a lot of play.

i bought mine at the lincoln dealer where i work for almost $200 for it, not sure the exact price i forgot, but my friend at work hooked me up for free on the labor

Just ordered one, talked to the Lincoln dealer this morning and they said they wouldn't have a problem changing the ball joint for me... actually the service manager asked me to bring in the seller's info, since he could appreciate the savings for his customers!

I'll update when they arrive, and tell ya what the dealer thought about them...

I Thank Q very much Ed!

Got mine last week had them replaced this a.m. saved $900, also hadto replace driver side control arm Ed hooked me up with a used one for $68. I have only one problem with the place I took it to
the steering wheel is slightly turned to the left and the car still goes to the right when I let go of the steeringwheel, this should not be happening after an Alignment should it?

RGL - mine is doing the same thing after I had the ball joints and passenger tie bar replaced. I'm having it aligned this weekend and my mechanic said to make sure and point out the steering problem to the alignment shop. Said they should be able to correct it no problem. I'll let you know.

ok, it sounds like this can be done pretty easily, by a good mechanic. Is anyone from the Atlanta(Gwinnett) area, and know of a good mechanic? I'm through with the dealership if I can help it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back