Problems around the D

ground_zero298

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has had problems latley. In the last 3 weeks I've went from port huron down towards detroit. I've went three times (ice fishin) have gotten pulled over all three times by state troopers. If their parked on the side of the road I have no problems, all three times they passed me and looked over, when they seen me they all dropped back and pulled me over. Is their something wrong with driving a lincoln in the middle of the day? First incident he looked thru my car and asked if I was drunk, at 11 in the morning on a wed? Had to pull my side tint off. Next 2 times it was for the front tint strip, They say the law is 5 inches I'm at about 7. I thought my car looked like a old person car, not a drug dealers. Anyone else catchin the same :q:q:q:q? No written warnings or tickets for the last 2 times, probably because my driving record is clean (knock on wood).

Boy it's gonna be sad when I put 19's or 20's on it.

P1010197.JPG

I really don't have problems with my Lincolns, even with rims.

That stretch of road might be know for some drug trafficcing or something and there cracking down.

Drive with your front windows down see if there is a change and don't where a hat when driving

Front windows are bare now, but I do drive with a hat. I'll try not to wear it in the car and see if that helps.

if you were in jersey with that car.. people would think you were in the mafia..

drug dealer if it had 22"s.. definitely not an old mans car

so i say: Neither... just a lincoln with tint

:shifty: Well in the picture the trunk is opened and if you were driving that way, maybe the body feel out of the trunk..The cops frown on stuff like that here in N.J.:D

Where exactly were you? I'm in the area and do a lot of driving. I'm just curious how close to Detroit you were. I've never had problems in Detroit...I'm sure they have better things to do, but out by the airport on 275 the state cops set up a trap almost everyday. When I see them out there its no suprise if they have 2-3 cars pulled over at a time with unmarked cars.:mad:

I thought owning a Lincoln would keep me 'under the radar' but no... I can't even work on my car without getting stopped by multiple cops! Lol.

What do they get you for?

Well, in December, i got stopped literally 2 mins from home, for apparently doing 66 in a 50. (road sucked, unlit, had variable speed limit) That got me 4 points and 200 fine. Then, a few days ago i was doing some stuff on my car late at night and neighbors called police - 3 cars turned up and a bunch of cops questioned me - thought i was car jacking! Lol. (yeah, i go out stealing old domestics with a huge tool box next to me and a head torch! :rolleyes: )

Where exactly are y'all from? I'm from Georgia and we have sold a couple of cars to some police officers. Supposedly there was a big hearing about all the drug trafficking going through Georgia and now they are going to start having random road blocks and pull over any vehicle at any given time. I am not sure if any of you are aware of this but, heroin is back in and with another drug I'm sure there will be even more strict enforcement. That could be a main cause in my opinion. I know for the past 2 weeks one exit down the interstate from me there are Department of Public Safety, county and state patrol all together pulling people over sitting on the on ramp while one sits on the bridge and radars.

I have an answer to your woes... theres a michigan state police headquarters off the 32 mile road exit lol

it's an easy deal for them to drive not even a mile to I94 and just sit there... plus granholm said she would start cutting jobs if they diddn't start writing tickets like crazy.... a friend of mine got a ticket for 2 over in a school zone and he drives a bone stock no visual mod 1995 grand prix SE

going through that area alot, it's just a matter of when you are going to get pulled over

I voted drug dealers car. Seems like people who are involved with drugs either drive pieces of junk, or nice luxury cars with tint and such.
Currently I'm an intern with the Michigan State Police at the Grand Haven Post. Every once in awhile I get to ride around in this....:cool:

800px-2006_Michigan_State_Police_Dodge_Charger_1.jpg

I've seen so many 3.5L charger cops around our area it's rediculous... I don't even pay them any attention anymore

people say there are R/T and SRT packages..... but it seems michigan law enforcement is too poor to purchase them, actually the macomb sherriffs department doesn't even have 3.5L's, hell they don't even have impalas... still running the old crown vics

State Chargers come with, I believe the 5.7 hemi. I know its a V8, but I'm almost positive its not the 6.1. State only has 8 of them in service now. Otherwise its the Crown Vic, or a Tahoe for ES members and Motor Carrier.

Yeah I know theirs a state police post at 32 mile. Just sick of the stereotyping they do. Hopefully after I get pulled over by all of them they will leave me alone. Just messed up you can't own something you like with out people thinking your doing this or that. Atleast if we get a couple state troopers from LVC on the highways they might leave the lincolns alone with the LVC stickers on it.

The white chargers have the 3.5l v6's. The Silver chargers come with the 5.7l hemi's. I was talking to another guy that has some inside connections with the State patrol and apparently the black tinted out chargers with no notifications of law enforcement logo's is a supercharged hemi. I am not sure which size hemi though. I have seen one take off from a dead stop though and I was doing 80 riding behind a silver charger around 9a.m. (I guess they were all going to meet up to eat breakfast) and he got from about 0-80 in no time. So, it wasn't hard to believe it when that guy told me. I work at a used car dealership and we have got a r/t 5.7l hemi magnum in and I know it wasn't that fast at all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back