coils on ebay

pressley

LVC Member
Reaction score
hi everybody, i came across these coils on ebay, and i want to buy them but there is this disclaimer on it that reads,
OUR COILS HAVE A RIDGE INSIDE THE CONNECTOR (see picture) THERE IS ALSO A DESIGN W/OUT THE RIDGE. IT IS THE BUYERS RESPONSABILITY TO CHECK THEIR DESIGN BEFORE PURCHASING THESE COILS. I was wondering which one is it? I have Lincoln LS 3.9L V8

here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=140210392950&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

Thanks in advance

i wanted to know how they suppose to look like? with a ridge inside the connector or the one without the ridge.

Hey Pres

Your O/E coils do NOT have that ridge on the inside. I have no idea what those in the picture are but they are NOT O/E ford.
The 2w4z-12029-bd are $77.76 retail and $45.49 each LVC cost. plus ups. and of course ford warrentee and my smiling face!!

Max

Thanks mrzeee, good looking out, its seems like no one wants to reply on this. so they dont have a ridge inside them.

From my experience. There are somethings that you can get off eBay that are good and then things to stay away from. It's like shopping at autozone... "parts suck".

I'd never purchase coils off eBay. I'd want good quality parts. OEM when it come to things like coils. eBay it's rare to find OEM... they may claim but that doesn't make it OEM....

Suspsension parts also I'd stay away from on eBay.

Items from parted out cars.. now that's not as bad as long as they are parts that don't need to be replaced as new like control arms. etc..

I don't think Ford (but then I could be wrong) is having their parts made in China yet. A lot of the aftermarket cheap junk on eBay is.

But you decide. It's your choice. Personally the coils and the prices that Max is quoting are great prices. You will not be replacing Max's OEM parts shortly after either.

I have also seen posts on coils from ebay and guys that have used them for a year or more stating that they are still going strong. But: Buyer Beware.

thanks guys, but what is the connector type for the LS V8? Does it have a ridge or not?

Your O/E coils do NOT have that ridge on the inside, at least the ones I stock do not.

Members online

No members online now.
Back