My first kill (receiving only)

luttersj

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was sitting and a red arrow waiting to make a left turn onto the freeway ramp. There was another vehicle sitting in the right left hand turn lane. The arrow turned green and as I rounded the corner I noticed the other vehicle coming hard. I dropped the hammer and the other vehicle kept coming, granted he wasn't gaining as fast, but still gaining. At some point on the ramp the 2 lanes merge into 1 for access onto the freeway. He was already 3/4 of the way passed me so I let off to allow him to safely move over. Quick speed check: 95 MPH :) Then my headlights caught the chrome emblem on the back of the vehicle: Trailblazer SS. That's right, I got owned by an SUV. Albeit a quick one, but still....

you said "dropped the hammer" thats is strait from Days of Thunder!LOL

I figured I was safe to do that since I had recently mounted specially matched tires. I was told that they would hold and thy did!

"its ok... those things are damn fast...."
when I got to a PC I looked on dragtimes.com for some 1/4 mile times. I don't recall the exact numbers anymore but one SS that I looked up had similar times to an LS8. Then I looked down to see that the SS was stock and the LS8 had a 100 shot to get to those times. I didn't feel so bad after that.

Don't those have the 6.0 LS 2 like goats and vettes? Would explain their quickness.

They are awesome SUV's and yes they are quick as hell. They can hold their own against the SRT Jeep Cherokee's as well. I've thought about picking up the Trailblazer SS but gas mileage on them is awful, about 10-11. Both the SRT and SS can be had for a decent price now.

I drove the Srt8 and it's scary fast from the line. Overall I like it much much better than the trailblazer, but it's more expensive too and has whole lot less warranty on it.

Overall, the Jeep is a BADASS truck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back