2000 LS Ball Joints

$m0k3LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I just spoke to the vendor and yes these are for real!!!!
The guy was not aware of our existence so I told him to sign up with us as a vendor.

The ones he has shown in the auction are the small diameter stud's that were on the earlier cars. The larger ones are only a couple of weeks out.

These ball joints have grease fittings so that they can be lubed and press in like most common ball joints.

I'll be ordering a couple in the next couple of days, since I still have the old knuckles from replacing the blown out ball joints this past summer.

Hey this guy really wants our business.

he just dialed me back and told me this.

Anyone that calls the number listed on the auction, and mentions being a part of our forum, will get free shipping.
If you call him and order that way he won't have to pay the ebay fees, and he'll pass some of that savings on to us with the free shipping.

Nice work, boys!!!

hey all I did was call the number on the auction.
I knew somebody would have to wake up one of these years and start making parts for us.

Thank the OP for finding it in the first place.

Yay me for such a find lol. I need to order some too. My driver's side ball joint is bad.

Control arm

Does he have a toll free #? I need the Balljoints and a Control Arm Ford wll cost me $1300 - $1400

I found them this week too and bought on Ebay. Should get them early next week. I'm wondering if I will have to remove the knuckle or if I can press them out with it still on the car. Can someone post instructions on the steering knuckle removal and how difficult it is? I may just take it to the shop, since my time is limited.

I swapped out the knuckles myself in an afternoon with handtools and then took it to the alignment shop the next day.
It will need to be realigned.

The only other thing that I could do is I have a spare set of knuckles. I could ship you the spare ones, so that you could get the ball joints pressed before you went to work on the car and then after you get done, just ship me your old ones.

Thanks JES LS, That won't be necassary. I'm hoping to just leave the knuckle on and use a ball joint press. I'm selling the car and trying to save as much cash as possible. If I can do it myself in a reasonable amount of time I can get the alignment done for $50.

I'm thinking about ordering these soon, but some shops tell me that I have to change the whole steering knuckle and I don't want to pay that much. Are we certain that these balljoints can be pressed out?:confused:

$m0k3LS

Ball Joint Replacement

Took my 2002 in to my personal mechanic today (not dealer). Dealer wanted to charge $1100.00. Old ones pressed out easily enough and my mechanic said the new ones looked good with good design and thought they would be very reliable. Unfortunately new ones were missing a piece from damaged box during shipping, so have to wait for new piece. Ed from Euromarque has done a great job answering my questions and product was shipped right away. Job will be completed Monday, so I will let everyone know how it goes. Total job will when complete will cost me around $200.00.

I'm thinking about ordering these soon, but some shops tell me that I have to change the whole steering knuckle and I don't want to pay that much. Are we certain that these balljoints can be pressed out?:confused:

$m0k3LS

I'll let you know when I get mine done. I may attempt to do it this weekend myself or take it to a shop later next week. I'm not sure it's worth the headache to do it myself. The shop I go to gave me a price of $200 for labor and alignment for replacing the knuckles. It shouldn't be any more than that, maybe less to swap the joints only. Does anyone know the torque specs.?

:D i just ordered them today from ed. he can send you instructions with pics. we will see how they go on the car. will post later this week or weekend!

I brought the knuckles to a shop and they pressed out the old ones and pressed in the new ones. They charged me $20 a side. I rented the ball joint press from autozone, but that didn't end up working for me.

I brought the knuckles to a shop and they pressed out the old ones and pressed in the new ones. They charged me $20 a side. I rented the ball joint press from autozone, but that didn't end up working for me.

Seriously? I was quoted $100 each at Mieneke if they figured it out at all.. I hate Springfield

Seriously? I was quoted $100 each at Mieneke if they figured it out at all.. I hate Springfield

Were you going to bring the whole car in and let them do the work for you? I brought just the arms in with only the ball joints in them. I had taken off the hubs at home. So that might be why it was just $20 a side.

Were you going to bring the whole car in and let them do the work for you? I brought just the arms in with only the ball joints in them. I had taken off the hubs at home. So that might be why it was just $20 a side.

+1. A local machine shop charged me $20 per side to press the new ball joint in as well. (I brought just the arms with the ball joints in them.)

Hi,
I just found out that 2000 LS had major balljoint recalls. Will ford still fix this problme at no charge, even though it's about 10 years ago? thanks

Dont' think that was for replacement of a part. I think all they did was properly torque them or something.

Dont' think that was for replacement of a part. I think all they did was properly torque them or something.

Yes, it wasn't a recall but a TSB. Sorry you need to pony up like I did. Don't go to the dealer they will try to sell you the entire knuckle. Buy the proper ball joint from Ebay and go to a decent independent shop to have it pressed in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back