wonderin if it would be a good idea to lower my car?

JERSEYLINCOLNKING

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i am new to this so sorry if i couldnt find a tread that is similar,but i just bought my 2004 ls a lil bit ago and i have 20s on it now tha im getttin rid of and am goin to put stock wheel back on and lower it,my question is did anyone have problems after the lowerin was installed and what are the best springs that are pretty good and low

hey thanks for the input i like the fact that they are 175 drop instead of 1,how is the ride compared to stock with stock wheels

hey thanks for the input i like the fact that they are 175 drop instead of 1,how is the ride compared to stock with stock wheels
Be careful of advertised drop. My Eibach were advertised at 1" but actually dropped the car 1.3". I have to be very cautious when approaching things like speed bumps, and driveways.

Leese008.jpg

I have the sprint springs and like them alot.... You have to take it a little easy on speedbumps and such.

I have Sprints and you have to be contious while driving, can bottom out on speed bumps, oh and with my Mach 1 spoiler it makes a real good snow plow anything above 3-4 inches, the ice is a bitch though :)

Lol at the mach one snow plow....

Well I can tell you that here in FL the speed bumps(MOUNTAINS) I bottom out as it is and I still have not lowered mine, (i will soon though) so you just gotta understand that the car will not have much ground clearance anymore so take that into consideration when thinking about how low you wanna go.

Are there alot of speed bumps in your daily adventure?, are there alot of steep driveways into business and homes? just think about it you dont wanna make the ls no fun to drive (which would be hard).....

Be careful of advertised drop. My Eibach were advertised at 1" but actually dropped the car 1.3". I have to be very cautious when approaching things like speed bumps, and driveways.

I fully agree. The Eibach's are MORE than enough drop for me. Still very good ride quality, but the drop is more than enough.

I've thought from time to time about dropping my 06, as I really like the look. However, in stock form I've bottomed it out over a good speed bump. With that in mind, there is something to be said regarding the statement, "form follows function".

ive heard intrax before...never knew they offered a kit for the LS though...go for it...i think everyone should lower their car...

Someone already used intrax on there LS
who? cuz i was goin with it as an expririment cuz i didn't really like the look of the eibachs and sprints were too low for my taste... so if could see what i was getting myself into that'd be cool

Member 02V8SPORT has them I think his car looks real hot im sure you saw it before

Members online

Back