Nav mounted in ashtray opening

NickT88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a Magellan Navigation for valentine's day, so I mounted it where the ashtray goes so hopefully not as much of an atraction to get stolen, and keep the interior neat. I have to finish a little, what do you guys think?? Camera pic, so not the best

DASH LS.jpg

Looks like a clean install, maybe center it a tiny bit.

Nice...usually they are line of sight. Looks really good. Probably going to be a benchmark for others who want nav and want it look clean without get an Avic.

What About The Power From The Lighter And How Would Charge Your Cell Phones??? Other Than That Nice Work

ext temperature 31? that's a lot colder than it's ever been here i think, and yours is a day shot, i'd hate to see the night temp

31 is considered WARM this time of year where i'm at. Once it gets to 30, I can go out and work on the car!

What About The Power From The Lighter And How Would Charge Your Cell Phones??? Other Than That Nice Work

Some more of the fidiling I have to do, I am going to relocate the cig lighter, not sure where yet, have not put a lot of thought into where yet. For now I have the one in the rear of the center console to get power for stuff

mount it inside the console... better yet, just put an outlet in the console :D

Great install, makes me consider one.
Since we are on the topic of ashtrays, does anyone know if the Gen2 ashtray unit will fit in the Gen1's location of the ashtray?

I thought about doing that with my jvc nav unit, then I just decided to put in a double din Eclipse with nav and dvd player all in one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back