Ipod Cable Question

Brillokc

LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright so right now I have an Avic D3 sitting at home just waiting for me to install it tonight, I am also going to pickup an adapter to keep the steering wheel controls and an ipod cable. I want to put the ipod cable in my center console. Is there an easy way to hide/run this cable into there? I have an '02.

yep, very easy. you can fish the wire down under the ashtray... the top part of the center console just pops off. Then It's just some dremeling to the inside of the console storage to get the cable inside.

When I ran the wires for my amp/sub, I pulled the console to fish the wires through, and under the carpet to under the back seat. Worked like a charm :D

Mine is actually wired to the glove box right now... I could run it to the console and take a picture though. I'm getting a new console on tuesday, so I don't mind putting a little hole in this one I have now.

I should point out that the center console lifts up, starting at the front (by the ashtray) first. It comes up fairly easy...

Here's a picture of a glove box mounted one, with a Kuda holder:

ipod.jpg

Grand Rapids, MN. Quite a ways from Michigan... but I'll help with whatever i can through pm's!

Wow, I really like the whole glovebox deal too, plus I wouldnt have to put a hole in the console. I hope they sell a holder like that at BestBuy

I have the kenwood ddx 7015. No, the 6 disc changer doesn't work. But I was thinking of using the space for something like this:

vbpgimage.jpg

Of course, I'll clean that open area up a little more... put some walls on the sides and top, so you don't see the "guts" under the dash.

Members online

No members online now.
Back