I hate this car!!

fratzke7

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have replaced both lower spindles both upper control arms both front sway bar links and the thing still effing clunks!!!!!! What next? I have so much money in this damn thing that I will never be able to sell it!

sway bar bushings, engine mounts, transmission mounts... all things to look at for "clunking"

also a possibility, but much less likely... control arm bushings...

The upper ones would be new... lowers would not. But, you'd be able to tell if they were rotted out pretty easily.

Swap bar bushings, just follow your end links up to your sway bar, then follow that across the car... you'll come to two mounts with bushings. Someone on here replaced the factory rubber bushings that went out (usually there's a sqeak, but if they are bad enough it could be a clunk) with Energy Suspension poly bushings.

That was my though as well. Big (heavy) wheels and suspension problems..... hummmm :cool:

Yes I am aware, I didn't put them on they were there when I bought it....These cars are known for a clunk in the front end just thought I replaced all the parts that needed to be replaced!:(

I would bet money it's your sway bar bushings, Mine clunked over speed bumps and big dips. Stand at the front of your car and push down on the fender, you should be able to create the "clunk" if so replace your sway bar bushings. It's fairly easy to do in your garage. Do a search for sway bar bushings on this site. you will find a "how to"

That is my next step...It should be fairly easy to do I have a hoist and tools galore for my use....I am just so sick of replacing :(

Yeah, owning a LS can be difficult. I don't drive it when its got a problem (have one, had a few), I look at it as a way to keep the mileage low. ;)

I have a friend who had a Conti, that had an annoying Clunk, and traced it down to the assembly locating pin, for the front clip. it seams the bushing was mushed out, and made some sound when flexed.

I dont know how they assembled the LS, or if it is similar, but it may be something like that, if you cant locate it in the suspension.

There are a lot of parts in the front suspension of the LS that can clunk. You have upper and lower ball joints, upper and lower control arm bushings (there are 2 "bushings" on each arm), inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar links, and sway bar to frame bushings.

I know I replaced all of my control arms and there is a clunking noise I am almost positive it could be one of your struts. The cold weather seems to put alot of wear on the struts from what I have been told from numerous people. But, good luck finding the "clunk".

Mine clunks to, mostly while making right hand turns, my mechanic can't find the cause. What is it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back