Washed my car, still not satisfied.

Do NOT use a brush! They're just as bad as sponges or rags, and the bristles will scratch the paint. I would know, I used to use them, and I've learned the hard way.

I guess we have different experiences. I've used a brush for years and the finishes on my LS and the wife's Lexus are completely free of swirl marks or scratches. Choosing the incorrect brush could be the issue. You are correct, there are some very abrasive brushes out there, but I'm referring to a soft wash brush like this:

http://www.autogeek.net/boar-hair-brush.html

I would suggest that the OP experiment with mitts and brushes and determine for himself which does a better job for him.

I have a black Lincoln LS. I used the Turtle Wax ICE car wash soap, liquid clay bar and polisher and dried it with the Absorber (no lint). It took out all of the swirl marks, water marks, and the paint looks like new. It is definetly worth it to spend a couple of hours at least once every couple of months detailing the car.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,4

https://www.cleantools.net/WebSite/...px?pid=3&desc=../website/htm/the_absorber.htm

Another hint - toothpaste will help clear out the yellowing on headlights. Your car doesn't seem to need it, but I wanted to put this tip in somewhere on the forum.

Todd, what color are your cars?

Presently, both the Lincoln and the Lexus are white. I know lighter colors tend to hide scratches better, but even prior cars, like my wife's dark green Infiniti G20, or her red FX35, did not accumulate scratches or swirls with the brushes and techniques I used.

sweet bro.. way to keep the forum positive... i give a suggestion and your just a :q about it..

i guess if you feel like spending 80 bucks. to get something thats probly worthless you can buy from auto geek..

i would once again suggest the Mr. Clean Kit...

i really dont think that guys comment was that rude. he was just disagreeing with you about that mr clean product. and honestly, youre the first person ive ever heard say good things about that thing.

Actually, I have, use and like the Mr. Clean also. If you do not have the time to wash and dry the the Mr. Clean is the way to go. Spot free rinses every time. I even got caught with a rain storm half way through a wash (front end was a bug gut disaster that couldn't wait) and after the wash and rinse I put the LS (Black) in the garage and still spot free after drying.
When I have the time, I use Meguirs products to wash and wax with a hand dry in between, but mostly the Mr. Clean. When I hand dry, half the car is dry before I've drug the chamios across it (which even sounds harsh on a black car!!!) and I find myself spraying it down again just to dry it properly.
The hard water spots that are left without the Mr. Clean (or a more expensive softener (+/- $750 from sears BTW) are calcium and/or magnesium salts (depending on your area), why "drag" salt across your pride and joy if you dont have to...???

Members online

No members online now.
Back