••••$125 2-year warranty slim HID ••••

Are these still availabe? I would like to get them for my 2002 LS maybe the 5k or 6k as I hear the 4300 are yellow. Is that so?
Thanks
Dan

Are these still availabe? I would like to get them for my 2002 LS maybe the 5k or 6k as I hear the 4300 are yellow. Is that so?
Thanks
Dan

Yep, they still are. Check the very first post for ordering information and wait anxiously by the mail box. Because, you will love them.

Thanks
Dan

4300k is factory HID color which gives the most light. the higher the number the lower the output of visible light. 3000k is yellow. 6k is a little bluer than the 4300 go to LSKONCEPTS.COM and look up their lighting. I been reading that there are some problems coming from the $125 dollar kits.

This is a 6000k light output but its another kit so that you have reference how is the 6000k light

n502065098_1612159_4106.jpg

ok guys heres another new problem, i got the wrong bulb initially, so i decided to try the 5000k bulbs in the correct size after seeing 02v8sports pictures thinking its a bright white light. this is what i got. it definatly looks yellow doesnt it? almost as if 3000k. i email the guy back with the pictures and he says nope that is 5000k and 4300k looks even yellower. so i ask if i can get some 6000k bulbs to swap since yellow is not what i expected and he wants 50 bucks on top of the one day used lights... any opinions on what i should do?

Mine look blue sometimes, but mostly I get the white/purple look with my 6000K kits:

HID 1.jpg

4300k is factory HID color which gives the most light. the higher the number the lower the output of visible light. 3000k is yellow. 6k is a little bluer than the 4300 go to LSKONCEPTS.COM and look up their lighting. I been reading that there are some problems coming from the $125 dollar kits.

yes first part, not really second part. 1% complains, 99% very happy won't mention it;)

Heres my 8k HIDs on my 02 LS. Different kit though.

IMG_0936-1.jpg

IMG_0329-1.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

Same kit and color on a friends CTS I did.
IMG_1080.jpg

Matt, now what is your take on the "plug and play"? :D

All the bulbs have the h11 adapter plugs.
They are simple to slide in and they are very firm once inserted.
Other than that, it's easy to do the ballasts to the bulbs as the connectors are all the same.

Okay, so far this all seems to be about LS's, what about '97, '98 Mark VIII's, do you have a full plug in replacement for our cars?
:confused:

Check your bulb size, then call Umnitza and ask Matt.

Yae I had issues trying to install high beams in the car and said forget it. I mean I never use high beams anyway. I know my friends 2006 3 series BMW has stock high and lows but whatever.

there is some on ebay right now.

MAN! thats is an awesome deal! I just ordered 3 sets! not for hi n lows but I bought 2 for lows just different temps! I cant wait to see em on, the bad news I just found out one of my fogs assembly is broken, so I need to buy new fogs assemblies, does any1 know of any for sale at a goog price??

Originally Posted by umnitza
H10 = 9145 FYI.
9005 will not fit it.

wait, I thought 9005 IS the correct one for 03 LSE fog right?

I run H11 5000K HID bulbs in my low beams and LSE fog lamps on my 04 LSE.

9005 is for high beams w/o hid in an 04 right? anyone know the stock wattage on the 9005 highs?

I believe it's 55 watt. By the way, this thread is riddled with inaccurate information. LOL. 4300K has the most lumens (light output), but is closer to the yellow that halogens put out (you can still definitely tell the difference between the two, though). 6000K is whiter than 4300K, but has less light output. 8000K is bluer than the 6000K, and has even less light output yet.

When you install an HID "kit" into a car that was equipped with halogens lights originally, there is no "aiming" them so that they don't blind people. The reflectors were designed for halogen lights, not HID. There is a *huge* difference between a halogen reflector and a HID D2R reflector. When you put one of these "kits" into a halogen equipped LS, you will be blinding people just like all of the ricers out there doing this; you have just created a massive amount of glare for oncoming traffic.

The reflectors were designed for halogen lights, not HID. There is a *huge* difference between a halogen reflector and a HID D2R reflector. When you put one of these "kits" into a halogen equipped LS, you will be blinding people just like all of the ricers out there doing this; you have just created a massive amount of glare for oncoming traffic.

I was thinking about this. I just got my set of 6000K in and was wondering if anyone makes hid shields for the LS. Or does anyone know of a company that can make custom hid shields?

On a separate note, my kit is working perfect and has been from the start. They always start, they never randomly turn off, and they look great. Thanks Matt.:D

Originally Posted by umnitza
H10 = 9145 FYI.
9005 will not fit it.

I run H11 5000K HID bulbs in my low beams and LSE fog lamps on my 04 LSE.

DAMN I ordered the wrong one then.... I hope they are good on returns....

ok so for the record... I have a 03 LS with the conversion for LSE. So I now have 9005 they wont work, I need h11. Sound right>?

DAMN I ordered the wrong one then.... I hope they are good on returns....

ok so for the record... I have a 03 LS with the conversion for LSE. So I now have 9005 they wont work, I need h11. Sound right>?

camthman, Im confused. looking at your pics, you do not have a LSE, you have a LS with the body kit but you do not have the round LSE fog lamps.
Your low beam is a H11
Fogs are 9145

I am about to order these... I think I have enough knowledge to install them based on this thread. I've never done anything wiring related, but it seems fairly plug and play for the most part.

I am between the 4300k and 6000k. I really hate the looks of the stock bulbs... I want something whiter. I am leaning towards the 4300k because more light comes out of it.

Anyways, regarding blinding oncoming drivers. Has anyone noticed that their lights look like crap and don't light up like other true HID cars headlights do? My Acura TL (both high and low beam HID) lights up the road very crisp and bright, that is what I am after. Will I really be blinding other drivers like crazy? I have only seen a few posts addressing this...

I am about to order these... I think I have enough knowledge to install them based on this thread. I've never done anything wiring related, but it seems fairly plug and play for the most part.

I am between the 4300k and 6000k. I really hate the looks of the stock bulbs... I want something whiter. I am leaning towards the 4300k because more light comes out of it.

Anyways, regarding blinding oncoming drivers. Has anyone noticed that their lights look like crap and don't light up like other true HID cars headlights do? My Acura TL (both high and low beam HID) lights up the road very crisp and bright, that is what I am after. Will I really be blinding other drivers like crazy? I have only seen a few posts addressing this...

It will be way brighter than stock but not really comparable to the projector hid setup of the TL.

You will not get the same results (cutoff nor efficiency) as you would with the TL becaause the TL uses projectors for one and have the best projector lens out there imho.

My Acura TL (both high and low beam HID) lights up the road very crisp and bright, that is what I am after.
You could always retrofit some TL projectors into your LS headlights :D

Will I really be blinding other drivers like crazy? I have only seen a few posts addressing this...
If you install the HID "kit" into a car equipped with halogen reflectors, then yes.

I was thinking about this. I just got my set of 6000K in and was wondering if anyone makes hid shields for the LS. Or does anyone know of a company that can make custom hid shields?

That sounds like a lot of work. Probably would be cheaper and easier just to buy some headlights off an 03+ LS that came with HID's from the factory then use your kit with the new headlights.

Members online

Back