Lower Mclaren Grille Anyone?

Whoever wants to order it... I'm only going to do it if at least 3 other people sign up. Looks like angeleyesadrift is down. just need 2 others and i'll order the sheet, unless someone else wants to volunteer?

one more person to make 4. splitting the cost would bring it to 40 bucks each plus shipping. I figure i can use scrap cardboard and just fold it in half, slide the plastic grile material in between, and ship. should be pretty cheap.

do you guys have mclaren grilles already? when i measured mine, it was 3/8" holes on 9/16" centers, staggered pattern. you guys are more than welcome to confirm these measurements...

alright what do we need one more person right,how much do you think i need for an lse bumper?

If we get one more person, each person will get a 2' x 4' piece to do with what they please. Use half, and sell the other half maybe. You're going to have more than what you need, but that's the only way to do it fairly.

oh,and the material will be 3/16" thick, so it will be VERY sturdy.

oh,and the material will be 3/16" thick, so it will be VERY sturdy.
Yes it is. The one that I have came from Ametco. A bunch of LLSOC members bought a big sheet, cut it up and divided it out to other members. I got one and its the one that is in my garage now. I had it on my LSE for a long time until I went with the wire mesh.

Ken, what did you use to cut the material? I was thinking about using a table saw, but don't know if that will just melt it...

Ken, what did you use to cut the material? I was thinking about using a table saw, but don't know if that will just melt it...
I wasn't the one that cut up the sheet. I don't recall what they used. However, anything will work on that stuff. It's very rigid.

I didn't paint the center of my mclaren grille, so i'm not planning on painting this one either. I suppose you could. The only real work involved is trimming the piece to fit your car. I suggest making a template first, then tracing on the plastic piece. Then just mounting the grille where it belongs. Might be some minor drilling involved, but nothing difficult.

Well, I'd like to wait for one more at least, otherwise each person will be paying about 70 bucks to split it 3 ways...

What's the total per if you get one more in? If it's the 40 plus shipping like mentioned earlier I'm in and can PayPal you the dough whenever you want.

Members online

Back